UKC

Nice film about bicycles

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
A very nice short film of an engaging man talking about bicycles. Well worth watching:
vimeo.com/65542790
 woolsack 06 Jun 2013
In reply to Unknown Climber: Cheers for that, I don't feel so bad about my growing collection of 2 wheelers now
Rigid Raider 07 Jun 2013
In reply to Unknown Climber:

So there is a heaven and that's where I'm going!
 AlisonSmiles 07 Jun 2013
In reply to Unknown Climber: I see the future of certain men in my life.
 Jabbott 07 Jun 2013
In reply to Unknown Climber: At the end there: "You can't do anything else when you're on a bike. You're in a another world, a free world, by yourself."

What a lovely way to articulate the feeling of going for a ride.

Cheers,
Jamie
 ClimberEd 07 Jun 2013
In reply to Unknown Climber:

Thank you, quite magical.
 Kimono 07 Jun 2013
In reply to Jabbott:
> (In reply to Unknown Climber) At the end there: "You can't do anything else when you're on a bike. You're in a another world, a free world, by yourself."

Obviously not a Strava-junkie then

Martin W 07 Jun 2013
In reply to Jabbott:

> (In reply to Unknown Climber) At the end there: "You can't do anything else when you're on a bike. You're in a another world, a free world, by yourself."

Not a philosophy I would necessarily recommend following to the letter if you are trying to negotiate rush-hour traffic! Anyway, he clearly demonstrates that you can do something else while riding a bike, since he combines it with taking his dog for a walk

The subject of the film is obviously a nice guy and very enthusiastic about bikes, and I admire what he's setting out to do in creating his collection. Some of his statements in the film, though, if taken literally seem uncomfortably close to woo-woo new age bs, which I find a bit off-putting. (Oh, and I also found the music annoying after a while.)

But apart from that, it's a pleasant and diverting couple of minutes or so. Thanks to UC for posting it here.
 Jabbott 07 Jun 2013
In reply to Martin W: Of course there's the daily battle with traffic on the singlespeed getting to work, then thrashing about on the XC mountain bike. And then there are those times when you're busting a gut knowing Strava is running on the phone on the road bike.

BUT... then there are those times when just going for a ride is all it's about!

Cherrs,
Jamie

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...