UKC

Good camp-site base to explore N Kinder area

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andrew Deacon 07 Jun 2013
Can anyone recommend a good camp-site from which to explore the N edge of Kinder/S Bleaklow areas? I'm familiar with the Edale and Hayfield areas but not so much the northern side.

Thanks

Andrew
OP Andrew Deacon 11 Jun 2013
Anyone...? Thanks.
 xplorer 11 Jun 2013
In reply to Andrew Deacon:

There are very few if any close to that area.

Double check on ukcampsite though
 xplorer 11 Jun 2013
In reply to xplorer:

Edale or hayfield would be easy enough though.
 zephr 11 Jun 2013
In reply to Andrew Deacon: There really isnt much in the way of campsites along the Snake, or even really in Glossop, to my knowledge.

Pretty much the closest campsite is on the south side of Kinder in Edale, so its a hack up onto the top, and drop down onto the North side.
To get onto Bleaklow southern edge, maybe Crowden YHA is the "closest" place, but that really isn't close at all.

There are a couple of Shooting cabins on the south side of Bleaklow, but they aren't really good places to stay in unless youre just taking a bottle of whisky for an evening of quiet reflection.
 Dan_S 11 Jun 2013
In reply to zephr:

There's a campsite at Bowden Bridge above Hayfield which gives quick access to Ashop head via William Clough, from there, you can get round to the northern edges easily.
OP Andrew Deacon 11 Jun 2013
Okay that's great, I was thinking there wasn't much there. Thanks for all the input.
 Al Evans 12 Jun 2013
In reply to Andrew Deacon: You used to be able to camp at Blagden Barn at the foot of Blagden Clough, but this was arranged for us as we were on D of E expedition training, and it was a long time ago. (might be spelled Blackden now!)
Lusk 12 Jun 2013
In reply to Andrew Deacon:

There's a site at Crowden on the Woodhead Pass.
No idea what it's like though!
http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/siteseekerlite/aspx/details.aspx...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...