UKC

California (or nearby) in September - for easy stuff

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 spodling 08 Jun 2013
Hello. Looking for really easy sport climbing in California in September - or nearby - for a road trip (maybe RV/van style). Needs a good dose of 4s and 5s from a grade perspective. Cheers.
 Dave Garnett 08 Jun 2013
In reply to spodling:

Never clipped bolts in California but I've heard of places like Owens River Gorge near Bishop. Search on the Logbooks page for 'sport' in California and loads of suggestions come up (including Owens which does indeed appear to have starred routes from 5.7 up).

seankenny 08 Jun 2013
In reply to Dave Garnett:

I'd drive say three hours to go to ORG. But I wouldn't fly 12 hours to go there.

California is amazing for trad. For sport, less so.
 Squamish 08 Jun 2013
In reply to spodling:
Hey,
Where in california wil you be? The state is 800 miles long, so if I know where you are going to be and how far you would be willing to drive I might be able to help. I"m not a huge fan of Owens river gorge, but that's just because I prefer limestone pockets and tuffas.
 David Coley 08 Jun 2013
In reply to spodling:
> Hello. Looking for really easy sport climbing in California in September - or nearby - for a road trip (maybe RV/van style). Needs a good dose of 4s and 5s from a grade perspective. Cheers.

If you are happy to do trad at that grade, than you will have 100s of world class routes in and around Yosemite.
 tjekel 10 Jun 2013
In reply to spodling: red rocks near las vegas might fit the bill, some really easy sport although some nuts & friends still help. good Information on mountainproject.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...