UKC

Climbing helmet as hand luggage

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CMcBain 09 Jun 2013
Just wondering how people have fared taking helmets as hand luggage on planes? I havn't been on a flight in a long time but understand security are a bit stricter about hand luggage nowadays. Would rather keep my helmet with me so it doesn't get bashed about in the hold, airline is EasyJet if that helps!

Cheers
 edmitchell 09 Jun 2013
In reply to CMcBain

I always keep my lid in my hand luggage, and have never had a problem. Definitely done it with EasyJet flights (kos and geneva)
valjean 09 Jun 2013
In reply to CMcBain:
never had a problem with it flying in Europe, Asia, N. America, central america. never been questioned once on it, no funny looks either
 hms 09 Jun 2013
In reply to CMcBain: I just clip mine to the outside of my hand luggage rucksack, after seeing cyclists do the same with their helmets. Haven't had any comments or problems.
 Jamie B 09 Jun 2013
In reply to CMcBain:

You could always wear it?
 ben b 10 Jun 2013
In reply to Jamie B: I wore mine for LHR to Lima a few years ago... mind you my hand luggage weighted about 15kg so the helmet was the least of my worries...
b
OP CMcBain 10 Jun 2013
In reply to all:

Cheers for replies, seems like it should be safe enough just to stick in my hand luggage rucksack. Luckily i've got plenty space so no need to wear it!
 Hannes 10 Jun 2013
In reply to CMcBain: I've always had mine clipped to the outside of my hand luggage to minimise risk of it getting squashed and never had problems or had to explain myself

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...