UKC

Coffee van at Stanage car park

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 KINDERgates 13 Jun 2013
Just wondered if anyone knew whether Nick and Lynn (hope I got their names right; haven't seen them for some time), who had a little coffee/snacks van which was regularly parked up in the Stanage Plantation car park are still running that business. I used to buy a coffee and have a chat with them fairly regularly until I had a serious accident 18 months ago which took me out of the loop for a long time. Called in there this week (mid-June 2013), but they weren't there then - maybe at weekends still? They're a very nice couple, and I hope (as a confirmed "proper coffee" addict!) that they are still supplying this essential service!!
 Niall Grimes 13 Jun 2013
In reply to KINDERgates: I think they have jacked it in. Don't know why. Shame. Lovely people, great cofee.
 Chris the Tall 13 Jun 2013
In reply to KINDERgates:
I've been wondering this - they weren't there on Easter Sunday - admittedly there was a lot of snow around, but also not there at May Bank Holiday.

I did see a coffee van there a few weeks ago (on a Sunday), but pretty sure it wasn't Nick and Lynn.

I know they had to bid for the concession a few years back, so maybe they lost out.

I'll ask a couple of friends you may know
 deacondeacon 13 Jun 2013
In reply to KINDERgates: I Saw Nick at the weekend at Stanage and by the sounds of it he's still getting up there climbing once or twice a week. There s a new van although I haven't tried it yet.
 john spence 13 Jun 2013
In reply to KINDERgates: There was a snack bar there two weekends ago. Run by a teacher and a nurse, nice couple..he was learning to skateboard and they had a young daughter with them.
Rigid Raider 13 Jun 2013
In reply to KINDERgates:

Sounds a bit more upmarket than our greasy spoon burger vans here in Blackburn, frequented by fat bored coppers and truck drivers.
 Chris the Tall 13 Jun 2013
In reply to KINDERgates:
I am reliably informed that after doing it for 4 years they decided they fancied a change, so didn't try to renew their concession.

And apparently the new people are maintaining the high standard of cake
 BrainoverBrawn 13 Jun 2013
In reply to KINDERgates: The cake is great,
 deepsoup 13 Jun 2013
In reply to Chris the Tall:
> I am reliably informed that after doing it for 4 years they decided they fancied a change, so didn't try to renew their concession.

That was what they told me. After 4 years hanging around the Plantation car park it was getting a bit samey. Also they were getting a bit fed up with rarely being able to both take a day off at the same time and do something together, and Nick fancied climbing somewhere else occasionally.

> And apparently the new people are maintaining the high standard of cake

Cool. I haven't met the new people yet, glad to hear the quality is still up there.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...