UKC

Getting to Kalymnos in November

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 phil kujawa 19 Jun 2013
Hi
We are trying to get to Kalymnos in November via Athens then the overnight ferry to Kos etc as the flights to Kos stop by then, any advice much appreciated.
 carl dawson 19 Jun 2013
In reply to phil kujawa:

Why not the overnight ferry to Kalymnos? Or flights Athens-Kos (cheaper and reliable) or Athens-Kalymnos (much more fun but more expensive and prone to cancellation in wind/low cloud).
OP phil kujawa 19 Jun 2013
In reply to carl dawson:
Cheers, a local waiter told me that the ferry did not go to Kalymnos as the harbour is to small so thats why i thought i would have to go to Kos first.I will check the flights from Athens to Kos though.
Many thanks.
 Simon Caldwell 19 Jun 2013
In reply to phil kujawa:
We flew from Athens to Kalymnos. It wasn't hugely more expensive than the boat, and the times were much more convenient.
 hedgepig 19 Jun 2013
In reply to phil kujawa:
Some but not all the big Athens ferries stop at Kalymnos and the other little islands north of Kos.
If you like studying ferry timetables you may be able to work it out. In November there may oly be a ferry once or twice a week.
Flying to Athens you can't avoid a night in Athens, planes get in around 1600 and the last boat goes around 5.30 and Piraeus is a long way from the airport.

The little plane to Kalymnos is a bit susceptible to bad weather. The big ferries are basically mainline trains and they sail come rain come shine.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...