UKC

PRODUCT NEWS: The Five Ten STEALTH rubber story

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 20 Jun 2013
The Five Ten STEALTH rubber story, 4 kbSTEALTH rubber made a difference. In the 1980s, when climbers thought they'd reached their technical limits, STEALTH rubber's unprecedented friction allowed climbers to stick their feet to rough surfaces. Previous to starting Five Ten, Charles Cole, Five Ten Founder and presidet, had chalked up plenty of impressive climbing exploits, earning a reputation for first ascents of runout faces and friction routes.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=5584
 CharlieMack 20 Jun 2013
In reply to UKC Gear:

>The combination of STEALTH Rubber's state-of-the-art research and development department and Five Ten's extensive professional athlete test team has led to more than a quarter decade of cutting edge rubber compounds

5.10 appear to have cutting edge rubber since 2011. All previous rubbers were shoddy.

I had to re-read the sentence twice.
ice.solo 20 Jun 2013
In reply to UKC Gear:

is stealth rubber, like 5.10, also owned by adidas, or independant of that?
django5 20 Jun 2013
In reply to ice.solo:
Stealth is IP of Five.ten, so I would imagine it would be included in the sale of five.ten
 Coel Hellier 20 Jun 2013
In reply to CharlieMack:

> 5.10 appear to have cutting edge rubber since 2011. All previous rubbers were shoddy.

Really? So all that period when the 5.10 Pink was the first-choice of many of the top climbers and used for many cutting-edge ascents was all done on shoddy rubber?
 CurlyStevo 20 Jun 2013
In reply to Coel Hellier:
Agreed - 5:10 rubber has been at the top of their game for much longer than 2 years IMO!
 Kid Spatula 20 Jun 2013
In reply to UKC Gear:

Since at least 1998, as I remember buying some Five Tens then and being utterly amazed at how sticky they were compared to Boreal shoes.
 grant727 21 Jun 2013
In reply to CharlieMack: Ha. Quarter decade.
 Nathan Adam 21 Jun 2013
In reply to UKC Gear: Just bought a pair of Guide Tennies, must say i'm really impressed with the Stealth rubber. Gripped pretty well on everything i put it through on the Cuillin today (damp rock, properly wet rock and finally dry stuff). Edges really well too.

Convinced me to get a pair of 5.10 rock boots when my Jokers give up.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...