UKC

Alps conditions info (please)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ChrisBrooke 20 Jun 2013
This is a call for any 'on the ground' conditions reports from anyone who's been climbing in the alps recently (or if you're out there at the moment and checking in with UKC).

We booked a trip (going out to Milan on Saturday) for an early season attempt at the Badile N ridge but that looks like it's pretty much covered in snow still. Boohoo. So now it's a case of salvaging the trip/being flexible and trying to get anything cool done next week. We're looking for rock, ideally ending up at the top of pointy bits, but we are flexible.

At the moment we're considering:

Handegg - Hair Hands Line etc
Furkapass/Grimselpass - a ton of stuff there.
Spazzacaldera - a bit lower than the Badile and some wonderful lines.
Driving over to the Ecrins for the Dibona.

Of course, we could just drive to the Calanques or something where the forecast is great for the next week, but it would be nice to keep it alpine.

Avoiding the Dollies as they seem to be pretty white still.

So, any recommendations and trip reports are very welcome - post 'em here!

Thanks UKC.
 Merlin 20 Jun 2013
In reply to ChrisBrooke:

Try the exped & alpine forum
OP ChrisBrooke 20 Jun 2013
In reply to Merlin: D'oh. I need the mods to do one of those: "this thread was started in the wrong forum and has been moved...etc" things.

Ta.
OP ChrisBrooke 20 Jun 2013
In reply to ChrisBrooke: Too soon for a 'bump'?
 mark hounslea 20 Jun 2013
In reply to ChrisBrooke: I have had a great time in both mello and orco(not arco) ;great 10 odd pitches on excellent granite. I was disappointed with Handegg - very water polished granite
OP ChrisBrooke 21 Jun 2013
In reply to mark hounslea: Cool. I'll do some more research into those places. Flying out tomorrow and at the moment we're thinking of heading to Ailfroide to start the week.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...