UKC

Running clubs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Looking for a decent running club north manchester way
 plyometrics 27 Jun 2013
In reply to biker bill:

Horwich RMI?
 Banned User 77 27 Jun 2013
In reply to biker bill: Decent depends.. try a few.. whats good for you is different to others, are you looking for a social scene.. racing.. improvements.. running partners.. structured training.. weekend trips.. road.. fell..

I like to be in a club with a chunk of runners better than me.. not overly so, but also have class runners around. But I also like active races.

Whats good for you maybe not so good for others, but don't feel compelled to join, just run with a club til you feel comfortable its for you.
 The New NickB 27 Jun 2013
In reply to biker bill:

Where exactly are you based? As Iain says, decent depends what you are after, what standard you are.

Give a few more details and I'll give you a run down on the clubs in the area, I know members of most of them.
In reply to IainRUK: Hi, Im looking for social/running partners.Im working up here till christmas.So i would appreciate some local knowledge.
In reply to The New NickB: Im based at middleton.
In reply to biker bill:

Well there is Middleton Harriers, social club with a few faster runners, really friendly club, lots of road runners, but also an active fell section. I'm a Rochdale Harrier, runners of all standards, with lots of people doing road, fell and XC, good social scene. Royton Road Runner again all standards and a good social scene. I don't know Oldham and Royton all that well. Salford is an elite club.
In reply to biker bill:

Rochdale 10k on Tuesday, come down and have a run and meet a few people from various clubs. Middleton run in green, Rochdale in black with yellow and red sash type stripes, Royton in White with yellow and green and Salford in Red with a White band.
janiejonesworld 27 Jun 2013
In reply to biker bill: Middleton are a good club by all accounts. Iain's points about what exactly it is you're after are important. If you want predominantly fell: http://www.rossendaleharriers.co.uk
In reply to The New NickB: Thanks Nick, I may just do that,do you have some more details.Meet up/time?
In reply to biker bill:

Race is at 7.15, Springfield Park, which if you are coming from Middleton is through Castleton to the junction at the Tesco turn left and the park is after half a mile on your right.
In reply to janiejonesworld: Im not competeing now.Trail or fell i favor fell.
In reply to The New NickB: Thank you,maybe i will see you there.Who do you run for?
 The New NickB 28 Jun 2013
In reply to biker bill:

I run for Rochdale, but suffering with a foot injury at the moment. I'll be recording the times at the finish at the race.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...