UKC

Peak conditions - Millstone/Lime

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Owen W-G 28 Jun 2013
Reg St, Picc Circ etc for this w/e: sweaty and midgy or just fine?
What's Millstone like before the sun gets on it? Does it get early grease?

What about Lime crags - Chee Dale, High Tor, Stoney? I'm guessing High Tor will be good but the other two? Never been to Stoney and I'm curious.

What season is Stoneybest visited (for the E2s), and please don't answer 'never'! Incidently, are the Stoney classic E2s ab-able so me and partner can both lead?
 Bulls Crack 28 Jun 2013
In reply to Owen W-G:

Stoney E2's are great and it dries very quickly - all year round if ou pick your days.

Chee Tor probably a bit damp and humid now i would have thought - give it a few more dry days
 deacondeacon 28 Jun 2013
In reply to Owen W-G: stoney will be mint. Millstone will more than likely be midge hell. Chee dale will be 50/50 (ukb is good for lime conditions reports).
OP Owen W-G 28 Jun 2013
Scoop Wall and Armagedon, can you ab off them both to strip gear?
 mark20 28 Jun 2013
Been drizzly and nasty today so Millstone will be greasy until it gets the sun midday tomorrow.
Everything at Cheedale has been very dry recently but I'm guessing some bits of Chee Tor will have got a bit wet in the rain today, I wouldn't risk it tomorrow, but might be worth a look on Sunday?
Stoney is dry as soon as it stops raining, except Carls Walk which can stay a bit damp, and you can abseil pretty much everything.
High Tor is fast drying, will be fine at the weekend. Same for Dovedale.
 mark20 28 Jun 2013
In reply to Owen W-G:
Armageddon would be a pain to abseil. Windhover a bit more do-able, but you'd have to go back round and get your slings back off the stakes. Scoop Wall is fine to ab.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...