UKC

Access to Houghton Quarry?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 StuartCJones 30 Jun 2013
Any info?
 Steve Crowe Global Crag Moderator 30 Jun 2013
In reply to StuartCJones:

Which one?
 TonyM 30 Jun 2013
As you're living in Manchester...
Do you mean Hoghton Quarry in Lancs? The one that has seasonal access from start of June to end of July?
 Steve Crowe Global Crag Moderator 01 Jul 2013
 Calder 01 Jul 2013
In reply to TonyM:
> (In reply to StuartCJones)
> As you're living in Manchester...
> Do you mean Hoghton Quarry in Lancs? The one that has seasonal access from start of June to end of July?

Last year access was until the end of August - I've not heard that it's changed again. But at the moment it depends on the peregrine. There was word early in June that it hadn't fledged yet, but that there wasn't long to go...

But I've heard nothing from Les since. There are signs at the gate, but no doubt you want to know before you get there - if I hear anything, or if I'm passing and stop for a look, I'll let you know... Can't be long though.
 Pagan 01 Jul 2013

RAD was updated today apparently - looks like it's open under the same access arrangements as the last couple of years.

https://www.thebmc.co.uk/modules/RAD/ViewCrag.aspx?id=203
 TonyM 01 Jul 2013
In reply to Pagan:
That's timely. So "29th June - 25th August in 2013", but of course important to view the RAD for the full list of Access 'Do and Don'ts'

I just hope it is the Quarry that Stuart was after info on!
OP StuartCJones 03 Jul 2013
Yep, the Lancashire one. Cheers guys. I went to Denham instead this weekend, but I'm looking forward to checking out Houghton.
 Ann S 03 Jul 2013

Have you got a partner lined up for Hoghton? If not I would be happy to check it out with you.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...