UKC

European Cyclo Sportives - Women's Maillots.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
interdit 02 Jul 2013
Quick question to any of the hardcore women cyclist on UKC.

Have you done a sportive on the continent, France in particular, and received a jersey as part of the package?

If so, was it a jersey sized specifically for a woman or was it just the smaller of the men's jerseys?
Which event was it?

My other half has been looking at potential events and the subscription forms give no indication. That and the fact that we both know the vast majority of participants are men gives us the sneaking suspicion that if she got a jersey then it's probably going to be 'mens fit'.
The other thing is, if she ticks the 'small' box will she get a small M or small F jersey?

The fact is, she's never tried on a men's jersey and so we have no idea how one would fit - Will pop into a shop tomorrow and try one.

ps. We will email the organiser of the event for clarification if we're not sure.
 TimB 03 Jul 2013
In reply to interdit:

My wife did the Quebratahuesos last year and got a proper womans jersey. But generally the French ones she's done have given unisex ones (Areigeoise, Heraultaise)

Which ones is she looking at?
interdit 03 Jul 2013
In reply to TimB:
> (In reply to interdit)
>
> My wife did the Quebratahuesos last year

Chapeau!

> and got a proper womans jersey. But generally the French ones she's done have given unisex ones (Areigeoise, Heraultaise)

Guessed as much.

> Which ones is she looking at?

Potentially La Pyrénéenne, probably La Barousse-Balès.
I'm personally guessing these will be 'unisex' as with the Ariegeois (Which in on next year's ticklist for her).

Many thanks for the info.
aligibb 10 Jul 2013
In reply to interdit:
Hi guys,

I've done a couple sportives out here in the Alps so far this summer and they are unisex sizing for the ones I've done (Time Megeve and Tour de lac leman). But they fit fine as you just get a small - I'm not that big (5ft 4 and size 8) and its been fine. At the Time Megeve you just said your size at registration and could swap it if you wanted a different fit, and they are pretty good tops.

Ali
 Enty 10 Jul 2013
In reply to interdit:

I wouldn't worry - I've never seen a free sportive jersey which was wearable. Have you seen the Maratona ones?
http://www.all4cycling.com/shop/maratona-dles-dolomites-enel-2012-jersey-pm...

Ardechoise anyone??
http://velotastic.co.uk/product/team-jerseys/lardechoise-sleeveless-cycling...

They had the right idea at La Marmotte last week - don't give any freebies away and pump the money back into paying for road closures.

E
 elliptic 10 Jul 2013
In reply to Enty:

> I wouldn't worry - I've never seen a free sportive jersey which was wearable

This year's Quebrantahuesos kit is actually quite good, I'll be wearing mine for London next month.

Agreed on last years Maratona jersey but some of their previous ones have been alright.

Re the original question... sizing tends to be a lottery even for blokes but bear in mind that continental kit invariably comes up small. Depending on the event you may be able to swap sizes when you collect it, wasn't a problem at the Maratona.

Enty 10 Jul 2013
In reply to elliptic:

The red and black one made by Spiuk? not bad, just make sure you wear black shorts

E

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...