UKC

NEW REVIEW: Climbing Wall Leading by Ian Fenton

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 04 Jul 2013
Climbing Wall Leading Review - photo 3, 3 kbKatherine Schirrmacher takes a look at a new book from Ian Fenton, published by Pesda Press.

"Sometimes when we are coaching young people we can forget the importance of leading and focus more on movement, technique and physical training. Young people suddenly find their physical skills way beyond their mental skills and frustration and fear of falling can set in. All this makes Ian's book about learning to lead indoors, all the more important..."

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=5621

jon 04 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC Gear:

It'd be rather nice if you could find space a the bottom of Katherine's review for a sentence about Ian. Perhaps by the side of the sentence about Katherine?
 winhill 04 Jul 2013
In reply to jon:
> (In reply to UKC Gear)
>
> It'd be rather nice if you could find space a the bottom of Katherine's review for a sentence about Ian. Perhaps by the side of the sentence about Katherine?

Isn't that in the What Presda Press say box, or has that been edited in after you raised it?
 Andy Say 04 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC Gear:
Looks like a really useful book.
 jon 04 Jul 2013
In reply to winhill:

No, it was already there, but no, not exactly. I'd like to know just a little more about Ian. What qualifications he holds. After all his book is aimed at folk starting out. They're unlikely to know of Ian and might base a decision to buy on his background. Maybe it's just me, but I saw it as a startling omission.
In reply to jon: He's an MIC and IML IIRC. He did my SPA training and I remembered him from a residential trip I went on when I was at school. He's a thoroughly nice guy and he knows his onions.
 jon 04 Jul 2013
In reply to higherclimbingwales:
> (In reply to jon) He's an MIC and IML IIRC. He did my SPA training and I remembered him from a residential trip I went on when I was at school. He's a thoroughly nice guy and he knows his onions.

Yes, I know he is, having met him recently. Your first sentence tells us so much more about him. I just thought it was lacking in the article.

In reply to UKC Gear: It's a shame the book wasn't available to the teacher in this HSE report:

http://www.hse.gov.uk/press/2013/rnn-e-02113.htm

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...