UKC

Little-ish cams

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 fire_munki 05 Jul 2013
It's almost my birthday (god how am I 31?) so I'm hoping to get a cam.
I've got a 1 - 5 dragon set and 1 - 3 dragon set so was looking at either a 00 or 0 baby dragon.
But then the deamons are a bit cheeper, as are 3cu. So am now unsure what to go for, any one tried the little deamons or dragons?
 Ciderslider 05 Jul 2013
In reply to fire_munki: I've got the baby dragons and very nice they are too - almost feel as good quality wise as the smaller BD camalot c4s
 alooker 05 Jul 2013
In reply to fire_munki: I regretted getting the baby dragons, they are very wide in comparison to most small cams, I find the smaller the cam the shallower the crack/pocket most of the time. I'd say look at the Totem Basic cams, or the BD c3's.

Maybe check out the new BD X4s too - haven't used these yet though so can't comment.
 metal arms 05 Jul 2013
In reply to alooker:

Yellow BD C3. It's the perfect cam. Goes in everything. We call it the panic cam!
OP fire_munki 05 Jul 2013
In reply to fire_munki:
Should say £50 £55 quid is prob the top I can ask for. C3s look very nice but pricy.
Yellow master cams any good?
In reply to fire_munki:
This is my current chart of potenital cams. All info from Needlesports and all would require a krab to rack.
Cam min max range holding price
dragon 0 16 26.7 10.7 12 48
0.5 demon 17 24 7 14 36
0.75 basic 16.6 26.1 9.5 9 55
0.5 4cu 17 24 7 1 30
0.5 wc 16.55 26.6 10.05 12 35
2 mastercam 15.7 22.6 6.9 10 50
In reply to fire_munki:
Local shop also has 3cu in stock for £28 should they be on the list of things to look at?
I don't want to waste money on something that's not very good when a tenner more would work better (say the extra money on a basic over a demon).
 alooker 05 Jul 2013
In reply to fire_munki: my favourite small cams are the basics. The c3s are okay but I'm not a huge fan of the pretty rigid stem, I find they walk a little more, but if you extend them this isn't a problem. They were quite expensive last time I looked too.

I found the wild country zeros to be awful, just didnt feel right - mate of mine swears by them though...
 GridNorth 05 Jul 2013
In reply to metal arms: That's interesting because apart from the narrowness of the head it's range is not as good as the BD 0.3 C4.

C3 No.2: 14.2 to 22.6.
C4 0.3: 13.8 to 23.4.

According to that the C4 is more versatile. I'm not a sad git I just happen to have these figures to hand to help me decide how to optimise my choices. OK perhaps that is a little sad.

Perhaps the narrow head is the decider?
In reply to fire_munki:
The BD X4s are awesome. Find someone who is going to the US and get them to bring them back. They cost the same in US$ as they do in GBP£ and it makes them 2/3 of the price. And BD are really the best.
OP fire_munki 06 Jul 2013
In reply to Just Tintin:
That would be nice but not gonna happen!
Think its down to Needlesports totem basic or a master cam from the Barn. Or a dragon from where ever.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...