UKC

NEWS: Emily Allen (14) Climbs Aberration, 8a

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 05 Jul 2013
Emily Allen, showing the technical nature of Peak Lime on Aberration, 8a, Cheedale, 4 kb14 year old Emily Allen has just redpointed Aberration, 8a, at Cheedale, in the Peak District, this makes her one of the youngest British females to climb a route of this standard, and the youngest to climb the 8a grade in Britain. Kitty Wallace also climbed 8a aged 14, with an ascent of Daniboy, in Kalymnos (UKC News Report)...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68185
 Blue Straggler 05 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC News:

I know we could do the maths, but simply saying that she was born on January 1 somewhat implies that she is just 6 months old

Great achievement and a nice sequence of photos
 Skyfall 05 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Good to hear Emily's story.
 Dennis999 05 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Inspiring stuff, and to go from a 7b+ hardest redpoint to an 8a? Wow.
 Ian Patterson 05 Jul 2013
In reply to Dennis999:
> (In reply to UKC News)
>
> Inspiring stuff, and to go from a 7b+ hardest redpoint to an 8a? Wow.

The 7b+ was very quick and I think really more about improving skills on rock. As an indoor comp climber Emily was physically already a very capable climber.

Brilliant effort on Abberation, well done!

BTW Hope Emily won't mind me saying that the scar on her leg from the operation is really quite impressive!
In reply to UKC News: WOO!!! Go Emily!!!! Xxx
 saalty 05 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC News: Well done!
 Luke Owens 05 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Strong effort, Inspiring!
 Martin Wright 05 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC News: Well done Emily. Great to see you fully fit again, climbing hard and, above all, really enjoying it. Inspirational.
 emily_allen 05 Jul 2013
In reply to Ian Patterson: Thanks Ian. I don't mind you mentioning the scar. Maybe I can't use the shark bite story any more though. Are you getting out this weekend?

Em
 Ian Patterson 05 Jul 2013
In reply to emily_allen:

Hi Emily, we'll be at raven for on Sunday. Early start to avoid the sun, should there from 8:30/9 until 1:30 or so when sun comes on the crag.
 TM_Horton 07 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC News:
Nice one Em
 mmalbon 08 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC News:
Well done Emily, this is a really inspiring story! I'll have to go and have an ungainly flail on some easy climbs at the Roaches

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...