UKC

Morocco-Toubkal Ascent and Return to Imlil

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Don'tTellHim Pike 08 Jul 2013
Advice please. Is it feasible/how long would it take to ascend Toubkal from the refuge and then return to Imlil. Can it be done in one day?
 jezb1 08 Jul 2013
In reply to GrumpySod: I climbed Toubkal (winter conditions) leaving Imlil at 0300 and got back to Imlil approx 1500 so yes it is definitely possible...
 Caralynh 08 Jul 2013
In reply to GrumpySod:

Definitely. When we did it, we left the hut after breakfast and were down for lunchtime. Could have walked straight down had we wanted to.
 victorclimber 08 Jul 2013
In reply to GrumpySod: depends on your fitness I would say easily it could be done ,longish day though
 tom.fox 09 Jul 2013
In reply to GrumpySod: yep cracking trip.easy walk on good path to refuge-we camped-then up and right back down - plenty of places for drinks /food on the path to the refuge.you definitely don't need to stay at the refuge on the way down .have fun!
Charlie Boscoe 09 Jul 2013
In reply to GrumpySod: Definitely the best way of doing it is to go to Imlil from the summit. Most people are back at the refuge by lunchtime, so a few extra hours is well worth it to be back in the village instead of having another night at the hut. Great little peak by the way, enjoy.
 andrew ogilvie 10 Jul 2013
In reply to GrumpySod: Definitely possible
 CarolineMc 10 Jul 2013
In reply to GrumpySod: Definitely possible but a shame to plod up the tourist path when the other routes are good, if longer. And don't miss climbing Timesguida and Ras an Ounakrim- they're fab peaks. Why the rush?! Co:
Don'tTellHim Pike 11 Jul 2013
Thing is I'm going with a company to do the Toubkal Circuit and Ascent which circles Toubkal clockwise, does the ascent from Toubkal Refuge and then back to Imlil. However I'm thinking of leaving the trek at the Toubkal refuge and return to Imlil at my own pace(with a muleteer)via Lepiney Refuge and Tizi Oussem. This is because I have an extra three days available.
 pass and peak 21 Jul 2013
In reply to GrumpySod:
Was on the top with a group of 13 year olds last week and we were back at the refuge by lunch time. its a relatively easy 4hr walk back to Imlil from the refuge, though you may want to set off later in the afternoon, gets very hot in the valley after lunch.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...