UKC

recomend me some alpine mtb destinations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 the power 14 Jul 2013
hello just back from a mnountain bike trip to meribel and off to the alps again next month,any recommandations for lift assisted destionations? only looking at red runs.cheers Phil
Bob kate bob 15 Jul 2013
In reply to the power: les 2 Alps is now charging for MTB lift passes so not really a + compared to elsewhere now.

I would really recomend the porte du soleil, plenty of fun to be had
 Guy 15 Jul 2013
In reply to the power: the vids I have seen of Austrian riding make it look great and probably less full of English than the French alternatives.
OP the power 20 Jul 2013
In reply to the power: bump
 Jungle_153 20 Jul 2013
In reply to the power:

A couple of summers ago I made a trip to Saalbach-Hinterglem in Austria. There were some nice looking trails, mainly down hill, but for all levels. They're on my to do list. Google the Milka run.
Vegas 21 Jul 2013
In reply to the power:

I'm very interested in answers to this... also looking.

BUT am particularly interested in places where my wife, who doesn't bike, will have things to do, and where I won't feel too old (at 37 - confess I'm not 21 any more!).
 balmybaldwin 21 Jul 2013
In reply to Vegas:

Im off to les arcs on the 10th, first trip out there, and will report back in a few weeks, but looking at research on the internet it seems to be a really good place for single track reds, particularly "back country" unmarked routes. Going with trail addiction, 5days guided riding accomodation, food and drinks (but not lift passes) for 550.
caver 21 Jul 2013
Ecrin / Qeuyras area is very good. Lift assisted bike parks in Vars, Les Orres,Serre Chevalier,Montgenevre/Claviere. Miles of paths across the Queyras going right up to the Italian Border. Lots to do for the non bikers. Mountain walks and climbing. Lakes and rivers for swimming and water activities, via feratta, icecreams, cakes and wine.

Couple of links on this page

http://www.alpineaccomodation.com/#/cycling-mtb/4532428542

Fiona
OP the power 21 Jul 2013
In reply to balmybaldwin:
> (In reply to Vegas)
>
>
> Im off to les arcs on the 10th, first trip out there, and will report back in a few weeks, but looking at research on the internet it seems to be a really good place for single track reds, particularly "back country" unmarked routes. Going with trail addiction, 5days guided riding accomodation, food and drinks (but not lift passes) for 550.

heard good reports ref les arcs its on the list
aligibb 21 Jul 2013
In reply to the power:

Portes du Soleil for sure - lots of red routes, masses of other options too outside of the bike park and an affordable lift pass compared to other places. Morzine makes for a good base aswell as Chatel - let me know if you want more info! Ali
 Charliecres 22 Jul 2013
In reply to the power:

Moline and Les Gets have good established MTBing for a wide range of abilities. There's also good, though less established, biking at Samoens and at Sixt Fer a Cheval.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...