UKC

Corsica Via Ferrata

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 wilkesley 15 Jul 2013
We are off on a family holiday to Corsica in a couple of weeks. There seem to be a few Via Ferrata, but I can't find much information about them. Has anyone here used them? Also is it possible to hire VF lanyards over there? We have harnesses, helmets, etc.
 DaveN 15 Jul 2013
In reply to wilkesley: the complete guide to france suggests there are two. Via ferrata de chisa and via ferrata di a manicella, grades of d and d plus. Guide suggests a fee for the second one. Pm me and I can probably send you the relevant pages. I don't know about the other questions, never been there!
OP wilkesley 16 Jul 2013
In reply to DaveN:

Many thanks Dave. PM sent.
 cat22 16 Jul 2013
In reply to wilkesley: Hi, there is also a VF in the Asco valley, which we did 8 years ago and was really fun. It is set up in an "adventure park" run by In Terra Corsa, based by the station at Ponte Leccia. I just looked up their website (google for Asco via ferrata) and they are still going. They allowed us to rent the kit and go off on our own, as experienced climbers. It was a really good route up a steep granite face, and you can descend by several tyroleans
 john ryden 24 Jul 2013
In reply to wilkesley:
Asco is probably the best set up. If your further south, uphill from Solenzara there is one at Chisa (good swimming holes in the river too) & a ferrata at the base of the Bavella road.
If your frog's upto it try the corse-sauvage web site.
For the kids there are a few 'go ape' setups as well. The one just west of the Col de Bavella is in a dramatic position.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...