UKC

Trying to identify a crime novel

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Catriona 18 Jul 2013
I'm trying to buy a book as a present for a friend. She's read it before a long time ago and all she can remember is that it was by Val McDermid (not a Tony Hill)or maybe P D James, it's not a recent publication, it involves a car chase in the Highlands and a broken / collapsing bridge.

I have successfully identified half-remembered films for her before but this has got me stumped. Very annoying. Any help much appreciated.

Removed User 18 Jul 2013
In reply to Catriona:

One of the Wire in the Blood books does have a car chase in Scotland, though that's obviously Tony Hill.
OP Catriona 18 Jul 2013
In reply to Removed User:

Thanks. That's what I thought, but I don't think there's a broken bridge either?
 Carolyn 18 Jul 2013
In reply to Catriona:

Doesn't ring any bells, and I think I've read most of the older P D James..... of course, I may just have forgotten!
Removed User 18 Jul 2013
In reply to Catriona:

Can't remember, sorry! That's a bit of an vague detail to remember, unless the entire book takes place on said bridge or something!
 graeme jackson 18 Jul 2013
In reply to Removed User: possibly a pamphlet rather than a novel?
OP Catriona 18 Jul 2013
In reply to graeme jackson:
> (In reply to ex0) possibly a pamphlet rather than a novel?

Ha! Further enquiries reveal that this is definitely a Val McDermid, one of the vehicles is a "Jeep" (I think this means a 4x4), on its way to a bothy or a remote house.

I wouldn't have given this much hope but I previously tracked down a Rock Hudson film for her called "Blindfold", based on similarly vague ramblings which turned out to be correct.

MJ 18 Jul 2013
In reply to Catriona:

Further enquiries reveal that this is definitely a Val McDermid

This might point you in the right direction: -

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/m/val-mcdermid/
 tintinandpip 19 Jul 2013
In reply to Catriona: Might not be the one you want, buy her "The 39 steps" Scottish crime classic !!!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...