UKC

Evans cycles - anyone else had problems?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Monk 23 Jul 2013
I bought a wheel last week from Evans online and it arrived damaged. Since then I've sent several emails and a phone call but i'm getting nowhere. Is this normal for Evans or am I just unlucky. I'm not impressed, even less so as my bike has been off the road for a week now.
 Run_Ross_Run 23 Jul 2013
In reply to Monk:
Write to them again stating the issue, what you want them to do about it and a history of your coms with them about the prob, then give them a defined timescale to sort it out (5 days??) And what you intend to do if your reasonable request isn't carried out. Threaten to contact card provider if thats method of payment.
Usually works.
Slugain Howff 23 Jul 2013
In reply to Monk:
Always had positive dealings
 Indy 23 Jul 2013
In reply to Monk:
Bought some pedals online from them last night.... first ever order but not expecting any issues as they seem pretty decent in there shops
 Taurig 23 Jul 2013
In reply to Monk:

I had paid Evans for a frame which I was told was getting put in a box marked with my name on it and stored through the back as they only had a few in the shop. As it happens they put it out on display and nearly sold it to another customer. The only reason I know this is because my mate was the other customer buying the same frame, and he twigged what was going on! In the end it got sorted out and we both got the frame, although my mate found a piece of paper with my name on it attached to his!

You can't really write off a whole company on one experience/employee though.
 GrantM 23 Jul 2013
In reply to Monk:

I ordered a saddle online that was supposed to be in stock, a week later I emailed and got told it wasn't in stock but they would order it from a supplier that day. I cancelled the order and they apologised and told me I would get a refund, heard nothing for over a fortnight and had to raise a paypal dispute to get the cash back. They apologised again, but they seem pretty hopeless unless the order is easy to deal with.
interdit 23 Jul 2013
In reply to Monk:
> Since then I've sent several emails and a phone call but i'm getting nowhere.

Just out of interest, did you email them or fill in their returns form:

http://www.evanscycles.com/return_messages/new

"Once you have completed and submitted the online returns form you will receive an email confirmation with an Evans Cycles returns department address label with your unique return order number. This should be printed out and attached to your packaged item."

Did you not receive your email with your returns label?

All the options are here.
http://www.evanscycles.com/help/returns#returnpost

Never had an issue with them. Hope yours get sorted soon.
 Gene00 24 Jul 2013
In reply to Monk: I've always had good dealings with Evans. I've returned items to the shop that I have purchased on line, and received refunds or exchanged said goods without any hassle.

Unfortunate Monk!
 krazykid009 25 Jul 2013
In reply to Monk: Just pop into a store, they will be happy to exchange it!

James
Jim C 25 Jul 2013
In reply to Monk: Sounds like a careless carrier, rather than being sent out damaged ( I have had my fill of good companies using bad / careless carriers recently, )

Evens should take them to task, it is their reputation that suffers., not the carrier.

Indy 25 Jul 2013
In reply to Indy:
Arrived this morning...... no problemos!
OP Monk 25 Jul 2013
In reply to Jim C: although the packaging was damaged, which may account for some of the damage, there were chinks all around the rim as if the wheel has been rolled across a concrete floor without a tyre. 10 days on and i'm only just getting somewhere towards a refund. It's a major hassle as I find it very difficult to get bulky parcels to a psst office and the nearest store is miles away. I'm sort of glad most people have good experiences, but I don't think I'll be using them again.
 Andrew Smith 26 Jul 2013
In reply to Monk: Bought loads of stuff from Evans due to the fact that I have always had exceptional customer service, and sound advice. It sounds like your experience of a one off cock up, is as you say unlucky?
 webbo 26 Jul 2013
In reply to Monk:
I often wonder why anyone buys anything from Evans as even with their discounts they seem to be much more expensive than the other on line retailers.
 Sir Chasm 26 Jul 2013
In reply to webbo:
> (In reply to Monk)
> I often wonder why anyone buys anything from Evans as even with their discounts they seem to be much more expensive than the other on line retailers.

Evans price match.
 webbo 26 Jul 2013
In reply to Sir Chasm:
yes but when on the rare occasion I've gone in to buy something and produced the evidence of a cheaper price. The staff looked stunned that this had happened, I suspect they offer this with the idea you will think that they are the cheapeat else they wouldn't be offering it.
 Sir Chasm 26 Jul 2013
In reply to webbo: You asked why people used evans when there are cheaper alternatives, perhaps the people you refer to know that evans price match.
 webbo 26 Jul 2013
In reply to Sir Chasm:
Or do they.
 gear boy 26 Jul 2013
In reply to Monk:
> (In reply to Jim C) 10 days on and i'm only just getting somewhere towards a refund. It's a major hassle as I find it very difficult to get bulky parcels to a psst office and the nearest store is miles away.

Its a shame you don't have a good local bike shop to support, if you did it could have saved all this hassle

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...