UKC

We're you climbing mess of pottage on Tuesday?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 sleeplessjb 26 Jul 2013
Red helmet and green an organge clothes? climbing in a three? If so I have a couple of photos....
 Null 26 Jul 2013
In reply to sleeplessjb:

We're is an abbreviated form of "we are" - the second person past simple tense of the verb "to be" is
"were"
(No wonder Britain is declining)
 jmerrick21 26 Jul 2013
In reply to Erstwhile: C U next Tuesday!
 xplorer 26 Jul 2013
In reply to Erstwhile:

Wow you're so amazing and wise aren't you? You can spell and use grammar correctly.

Good for you!

Martin Bennett 26 Jul 2013
In reply to xplorer:
> (In reply to Erstwhile)
>
> Wow you're so amazing and wise aren't you? You can spell and use grammar correctly.

Which is a skill that is far more important than you evidently realise.

jmerrick21 26 Jul 2013
In reply to Martin Bennett: That Was A Thought...!
Tedious Oldfart 26 Jul 2013
In reply to jmerrick21:

You've used too many capitals.

Grammar lessons needed for you sonny !
 Milesy 27 Jul 2013
The iPhone autocorrects were to we're if used at the start of a sentence.
 Trangia 27 Jul 2013
In reply to xplorer:

I tend to agree with Erstwhile, everyone makes mistakes, and some of these are very common. I'm far from perfect, but the "We're" in the thread title makes a complete nonsense of what (I think) the OP is trying to say.

Grammar and spelling are important, so why be sarcastic to someone correcting it? I have always struggled with with both, and am grateful if someone corrects me.
 Jamie B 27 Jul 2013
In reply to Trangia:

It's easy to make spelling mistakes, but it's also easy to check your work. Take pride in what you do.
OP sleeplessjb 27 Jul 2013
In reply to Erstwhile: jus trying to be decent and offer some folks a photo or two... Milesy was spot on about the autocorrect. To be honest, as I fell asleep in my campervan watching the lightening in the Cairngorms going back to check my 'work' (?!?) was (unsurprisingly) the last thing on my mind.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...