UKC

International Route Setter at Rock Antics

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Jane 30 Aug 2003
Please note that Chris Plant is booked to route set at Rock Antics the week after the Brycs Comp which is on 6th Sept. He is booked for 3 days so should put up a good quantity of new routes there.
Chris is an international route setter, setting for major comps.
Hopefully this should help reduce any criticism of route setting an introduce some more varied and interesting stuff.
OP anon 31 Aug 2003
In reply to Jane: Very pro
 JasonG 01 Sep 2003
In reply to Jane: Don't climb at Rock Antics myself, but just wanted to say that Chris is an EXCELLENT route setter
OP a setter 06 Sep 2003
In reply to JasonG: don't climb at rock antics but just like to say that chris is over the hill and 90% of his routes are shit
sandyman 06 Sep 2003
In reply to Jane:

my dogs been to france, if i bring him to your wall i could start a thrad entitled........

international red setter at rock antics.

probably get more response as well.

i'll get my coat sorry
OP Anonymous 06 Sep 2003
In reply to a setter:
> (In reply to JasonG) don't climb at rock antics but just like to say that chris is over the hill and 90% of his routes are shit

yeh a shite setter for a shit run down wall

OP rock 08 Sep 2003
In reply to a setter:
> (In reply to JasonG) don't climb at rock antics but just like to say that chris is over the hill and 90% of his routes are shit

look rock antics get loads of shit about the routes so they get some one in and you mock him if you are so good get ya self there and set some
notallowedtobecalledjack 08 Sep 2003
In reply to rock:

Reply to yourself often? Is this another case of rocktalk split personality?

Anyway, I think he sets very pleasant routes.

Jack

Ricard00 08 Sep 2003
In reply to Anonymous: It takes a lot of balls to come on here, slagging off a wall under an anonymous ID, does it?

Loser.
Charlie 08 Sep 2003
In reply to Jane:
I would like to thank everyone at Rock Antics for all the help they gave me while I was in exile in the North East, during the school hol.
Its a good wall with top people running it.
Charlie D
British Junior Climbing Team
OP Jane 08 Sep 2003
In reply to Charlie: Thanks Charlie and thanks for the letter.Jane
Good luck in the finals
OP Anonymous 08 Sep 2003
In reply to Ricard00: sorry ill log in next time, think every1's clocked my ip anyway lol yes u guessed it im Andy_God
Ricard00 09 Sep 2003
In reply to Anonymous: So what is it that you have against Rock Antics?

I find them to be friendly, helpful and they're obviously taking measures to improve the routes available.
OP Jane 15 Sep 2003
In reply to Anonymous:
New routes now up - come along and try them. Good response so far. Bring a lead rope for main overhang.
OP Anonymous 15 Sep 2003
In reply to Charlie:
Well done at Langdale Boulders Charlie - think you should be representing NE !!!!!
Jane and Colin
 Steve Crowe Global Crag Moderator 16 Sep 2003
In reply to Jane:
> (In reply to Anonymous)
> New routes now up - come along and try them. Good response so far. Bring a lead rope for main overhang.

So how many new routes has Chris put up and what is the mix of grades?

Bump!
 Paul B 16 Sep 2003
In reply to Jane: Think it goes from about 4c to 6b english.....
OP Anonymous 16 Sep 2003
In reply to Steve Crowe: hi Steve
He put up a total of 17 new routes graded between French 5 and French 7b+. More are at the top end of these grades. They are on the main overhanging lead wall and the orange featured wall and on the overhanging panels of 9 and 10.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...