UKC

Manc Skyride this Sunday (4th)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jules699 31 Jul 2013
Worth doing? Never been in city centre. Goody bags?! Cycling from Mossley so 40km round trip...
 AdCo82 31 Jul 2013
In reply to jules699:

After observing it in recent years I'd say no!

Others may disagree!
 ThunderCat 31 Jul 2013
In reply to jules699:

Is it this weekend? Did it the last couple of years

Found it was good for the kids, very undemanding, all the main roads closed off (or at least the crossroads are marshalled) and there's normally some entertainment on down in Castlefields, and people doing the circuit with massive soundsystems on the back of tracks.

There was quite a nice vibe to it. Kids felt like they were doing something exciting
OP jules699 02 Aug 2013
In reply to ThunderCat: Yeah - Sunday. Appreciate its a "for fun" thing/social. Done it in London once and was a hoot. Your description sounds encouraging....
 ThunderCat 03 Aug 2013
In reply to jules699:
> (In reply to ThunderCat) Yeah - Sunday. Appreciate its a "for fun" thing/social. Done it in London once and was a hoot. Your description sounds encouraging....

Do it Jules - If I'd known it was on this weekend I'd have been there only the nephews I'd have taken have had their bikes stolen by a set of C UNTS in the local area - and I've already agreed to take them to the chill factore for an hour to earn some 'cool uncle points'

Let us know what you think?
OP jules699 03 Aug 2013
In reply to ThunderCat: No way - ars*holes! Chillfactor awesome I hear. Way cooler than Skyride I'm sure
 ThunderCat 03 Aug 2013
In reply to jules699:
> (In reply to ThunderCat) No way - ars*holes! Chillfactor awesome I hear. Way cooler than Skyride I'm sure

I'm not a big fan of summertime or the hot sticky weather we're having...

So I can't wait to get over there and freeze for an hour

OP jules699 03 Aug 2013
In reply to ThunderCat: Fair one - I'm getting a bit sick of the warm weather too.....having to carry extra fluids on the bike sucks! What activity are you going to be doing?
 cezza 03 Aug 2013
In reply to jules699:

If you've got kids and nothing else planned then it's a good day out.
OP jules699 04 Aug 2013
In reply to cezza: No kids, no other plans!.....gonna get wet tho....
 ThunderCat 04 Aug 2013
In reply to jules699:
> (In reply to ThunderCat) Fair one - I'm getting a bit sick of the warm weather too.....having to carry extra fluids on the bike sucks! What activity are you going to be doing?

A particular favourite of mine - it's called "standing on the balcony in a warm hoody and a cup of tea while the four lads run around like idiots on the slopes and tire themselves out"

OP jules699 04 Aug 2013
In reply to ThunderCat: Sounds great, lol. Hope it went well. Skyride was fun. Managed to dodge the rain. Great atmosphere. Nice to see so many different type of bikes and people out...defo do again next year

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...