UKC

Dinas Mot - Quick Drying Routes VS and Under

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CurlyStevo 02 Aug 2013
Hi,
As per title, thinking of getting something done on Dinas Mot tomorrow. Which are the quickest drying routes at VS and under? (or alternatively those that the dampness / seepage is least of a problem).

I remember finding 'the cracks' seeping badly one year when the other side of the pass was dry, I suspect it will be seeping tomorrow after Wednesdays rain (rained solid for 12 hours). However last 24 hours have been drier with rain overnight for an hour or two (on met office latest/resent past Capel Curig)

Also we want to do Slow Ledge route as a continuation, is that ok after rain?

Cheers,
Stevo
OP CurlyStevo 02 Aug 2013
In reply to CurlyStevo:
bump
 Matt250 02 Aug 2013
In reply to CurlyStevo: The only route I've done up there is the Cracks, which is good, and it was the only dry line at the time. We didn't have a guidebook and went up the dry, easy looking bit! Wasn't the most sensible idea I've ever had but it worked out well.....

So anyway from my limited experience the cracks was dry in wet-ish conditions. I think you can escape after P3 or 4 (can't rememebr which) if it's soaking higher up.
 Rog Wilko 02 Aug 2013
In reply to CurlyStevo: IIRC neither western slabs nor direct route take a lot of drainage. Both nice VSs.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...