UKC

Cheshire Shoe Repir

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Don'tTellHim Pike 04 Aug 2013
Has anyone used this firm for boot repairs? Recommendations?

I've got a pair of Scarpa Mantas and the mid sole at the heel on both boots has just started separating from the upper bits(Only had them two years) I'm just hoping they're repairable.
 Oceanrower 04 Aug 2013
In reply to GrumpySod: There is a really excellent feature of this forum which very few people use or, even, seem to know exists.

Look at the top right of the home screen. It's a little button called "SEARCH"
 digby 04 Aug 2013
In reply to Oceanrower:

Well that was helpful.
 Rick Graham 04 Aug 2013
In reply to Oceanrower:

Yeah, its really good, just typed in cheshire shoe repairs and got a score of results with one left click.
 Oceanrower 04 Aug 2013
In reply to digby:
> (In reply to Oceanrower)
>
> Well that was helpful.

Thank you. I thought it was too.
 GridNorth 04 Aug 2013
In reply to Oceanrower: And there is also another well known option to ignore posts that you don't like or have nothing positive to contribute. I think your name and the OP's shuold be the other way round.
 Oceanrower 04 Aug 2013
In reply to GridNorth: So you don't think that the 17 results that returns are what the OP wanted? Strange, that seemed to be exactly what he what he was asking for.
 Rick Graham 04 Aug 2013
In reply to GridNorth:

No. GN

A lot of people are just too lazy to try and find an answer for themselves.

They just post the question and let everybody else do the work.
 GridNorth 04 Aug 2013
In reply to Oceanrower: No your advice was spot on, it was the hint of sarcasm that seemed a little unnecessary.
 GridNorth 04 Aug 2013
In reply to Rick Graham: That's a little unfair. Perhaps there is some truth in that but I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt and in any case this would not be a chat forum if we didn't chat.
 Oceanrower 04 Aug 2013
In reply to GridNorth: Only a hint of sarcasm? Damn, I'm slipping!
 Oceanrower 04 Aug 2013
In reply to Oceanrower: Anyway, more to the point, how does anyone get two years out of a pair of climbing boots? I'm lucky if I get 6 months!
 Rick Graham 04 Aug 2013
In reply to GridNorth:

Where are you today? Is it raining? You seem a bit grumpy )
 Rick Graham 04 Aug 2013
In reply to GridNorth:
> (In reply to Rick Graham) That's a little unfair. Perhaps there is some truth in that but I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt and in any case this would not be a chat forum if we didn't chat.

Its supposed to be information first and chat second IMHO
 GridNorth 04 Aug 2013
In reply to Rick Graham: Home. Yes and yes. Had planned to go outdoors today. I struggle to find outdoor partners in my neck of the woods so when I eventually manage to arrange something and then get rained off it's particularly frustrating.

From your posts I get the feeling that yuo have "sussed" who I am? Please keep it to yourself I got sick of the abuse on here and I tend to take it a little less personally by being anonymous.
 Rick Graham 04 Aug 2013
In reply to GridNorth:

Yes, sussed it out I think.

The amateur detective in me linked some comments in your various aliases and emails.

I am working on ALC at the moment, Ted has his theories but I think he is wrong for once.
 GridNorth 04 Aug 2013
In reply to Rick Graham: ALC??? If Ted has a wife called Christine I know him as well. No more clues, I don't want to have to invent yet another persona.
 Rick Graham 04 Aug 2013
In reply to GridNorth:
yhm
 GridNorth 04 Aug 2013
In reply to Rick Graham:
> (In reply to GridNorth)
> yhm

That's a relief it looks like you have got it wrong, I haven't received an email.
 Rick Graham 04 Aug 2013
In reply to GridNorth:
> (In reply to Rick Graham)
> [...]
>
> That's a relief it looks like you have got it wrong, I haven't received an email.

But you are a keen poker player.
 Rick Graham 04 Aug 2013
In reply to Rick Graham:

and how do you know if I sent one!
 GridNorth 04 Aug 2013
In reply to Rick Graham:
> (In reply to Rick Graham)
>
> and how do you know if I sent one!

I don't. You are the one who announced that you had. "YHM".
 Rick Graham 04 Aug 2013
In reply to GridNorth:

I am getting confused.
 GridNorth 04 Aug 2013
In reply to Rick Graham: 5 posts back you said "yhm" which in my book means You Have Mail. Is that not what you meant?
 Rick Graham 04 Aug 2013
In reply to GridNorth:

YHM means you have mail.

Check your inbox 's again in all your universes.

I might have been bluffing.
 gilliesp 04 Aug 2013
In reply to GrumpySod:
> Has anyone used this firm for boot repairs? Recommendations?
>
> I've got a pair of Scarpa Mantas and the mid sole at the heel on both boots has just started separating from the upper bits(Only had them two years) I'm just hoping they're repairable.

Cannot be bothered reading all of the replies above many of which are not helpful to you.

I used Cheshire for resole of Nepal Extremes and climbing shoes. Excellent job, service, superb value and their website/contact seemed to answer all my concerns. I will use them again soon. They will advise you if boots can be refurbished and I think will also repair broken lace rings etc if possible.
In reply to gilliesp: Thank you for a useful, informative reply. So much nicer than some arseholes who now inhabit UKC and think that they are so much more clever than anybody else. In fact they show themselves up for what they really are.
 GridNorth 04 Aug 2013
In reply to GrumpySod: You could also try Feetfirst and Llanberis Resoles although I have only ever used them for rock shoe repairs.
 Rick Graham 04 Aug 2013
In reply to GrumpySod:
> (In reply to gilliesp) Thank you for a useful, informative reply. So much nicer than some arseholes who now inhabit UKC and think that they are so much more clever than anybody else. In fact they show themselves up for what they really are.

If you are including me in this sweeping statement,

I consider myself fairly knowledgeable, after climbing for over forty years, who would not be classed as experienced. I have also earned my living from the sport for 17 of those years.
I like to learn new tricks and techniques, you cannot work it all out on your own.
I also know that on the crag,hill or at work for that matter, we are all only one silly mistake from a disaster,

Take care

Rick

Oceanrower 04 Aug 2013
In reply to Rick Graham: I suspect that it was aimed at me. However, I maintain that my answer was useful. It's a shame that more people don't look there first.
 andyd1970 04 Aug 2013
In reply to GrumpySod:
I have used them and they are great.
they re-soled my Scarpa charmoz for around £40.
In reply to andyd1970: Thank you. Another intelligent response.
Lusk 04 Aug 2013
In reply to GrumpySod:

I've just had my Scarpa SLs retreaded by CSR, job looks great. Haven't used them in anger yet.

With your damage, I'd take them in so he can have a proper look.
 Scott K 04 Aug 2013
In reply to GrumpySod: I have used them a lot for rock shoes, dress shoes and boots. They did a pair of Sportivas for me and they came back better than expected - I was really expecting them to be good for walking the dog and save wearing my other boots but I got another few years out of them. I would easily recommend them.
 digby 04 Aug 2013
In reply to Oceanrower:

> Anyway, more to the point, how does anyone get two years out of a pair of climbing boots? I'm lucky if I get 6 months!

Oh the temptation...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...