UKC

Kid and dog friendly bouldering venue, Peak District

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 the sheep 07 Aug 2013
Heading off for a faimly day bouldering and a friend wants to bring her lad and dogs with us. Also wants the dogs to be able to run off the lead. Whilst the dogs dont worry sheep or livestock they are spaniels and run around like mad things. So any recomendations for kid freindly venues that cuurently do not have livestock arround?

Cheers
 marsbar 07 Aug 2013
In reply to the sheep: I seem to remember that Black rocks near Cromford had plenty of space for dogs and kids, but it can suffer from broken glass and graffiti sometimes.
 climber34neil 07 Aug 2013
In reply to the sheep: harbourgh rocks should be ok for that
 toad 07 Aug 2013
In reply to climber34neil:
> (In reply to the sheep) harbourgh rocks should be ok for that

Harborough can have cattle grazing around it - never had a problem with them and the dog, but worth bearing in mind.
OP the sheep 08 Aug 2013
In reply to toad: only problem I have had there was our dog rolling in cow shit :-S
 kedvenc72 08 Aug 2013
In reply to the sheep: Burbage South? i was there a few days ago bouldering and had the dog with me. Didn't see much sheep around (i can't remember seeing any)
 climber34neil 08 Aug 2013
In reply to kedvenc72: I agree and whole of the burbage valley is great but i am sure dogs are supposed to be kept on leads throughout the valley, maybe cratcliff top circuit ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...