UKC

lands end bouldering

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mutt 07 Aug 2013
is there any? where is it and is it any good?
 Skip 07 Aug 2013
In reply to mutt:

Sennen Cove
 cornishben 07 Aug 2013
In reply to Skip: I'd recommend Gwenvor, up t'other end of the beach from Sennen Cove, guide here:
http://javu.co.uk/Climbing/Guides/CornwallBouldering/Gwynver/index.shtml
 Petekitso 09 Aug 2013
In reply to mutt:

Is there anything down the other end at Sennen? I have had a bit of a nose around there a few times but without finding anything to go at.
 cornishben 09 Aug 2013
In reply to Petekitso: which end do you mean? At the Northern end there's not really anything until you reach the Gwenvor bouldering. At the Southern end there's nothing until you reach the main crag (which does have some reasonable bouldering at the base)
 Petekitso 10 Aug 2013
In reply to cornishben:
I meant the end towards the harbour under the coast road towards the crag end - thanks for the reply. Is there a topo anywhere for bouldering at the crag ? Also - while I am asking - is the crag approach down the gulley under the wedged boulder?
 cornishben 10 Aug 2013
In reply to Petekitso: I'm not aware of any bouldering topo for the crag, it's mostly traverses and bouldering out the start of routes.

Yep the crag approach is either down that gully, or from the harbour end - at low tide and with NO swell.. People frequently ab in for convenience so on a sunny day there's likely to be a rope in-situ
 Petekitso 12 Aug 2013
In reply to mutt:
Thanks Ben

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...