UKC

easy scenic multi-pitch in Norway

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Nadja 07 Aug 2013
Hi all
My partner and i are about to start a very spontaneous trip to Norway. We'll take our climbing gear, although it's not specifically a climbing trip. Can anyone recommend a sport climbing area, perhaps a super scenic multi-pitch we could have a crack at? I realise Lofoten is great, although we mightn't get that far. We have time and not much money, so maybe no flights....
We max out at about grade 6+ (European). Many thanks in advance and happy climbing!
 Kemics 07 Aug 2013
In reply to Nadja:

Not much money might be a problem. I'd been told but it still came as a bit of a shock to realize how eye wateringly expensive Norway is.

Fuel and food are both expensive. Alcohol is just comical £25 for 6 (small) tins of the cheapest beer.

I'm not sure about multipitch sport, all the routes I did were trad. There were a few sport routes, but single pitch. Sorry that's not much help.

If I could do the trip again I'd just stick to Sweden
 Simon Caldwell 07 Aug 2013
In reply to Kemics:
Can't remember fuel prices, but we found that supermarket prices were no more than 'local' supermarkets in the UK. As long as we avoided alcohol and restaurants, it wasn't much more expensive than anywhere else.
 wbo 07 Aug 2013
In reply to Nadja: where are you flying too? Nissedal is one option in the south. Googling , involving the word klatring for climbing will bring up some info
 TobyA 07 Aug 2013
In reply to Kemics:

> If I could do the trip again I'd just stick to Sweden

I saw you were really unlucky with the weather -bummer; but I promise if it doesn't piss down Northern Norway is about as good as it gets for mountain rock.

Saw you did Kantti though - waddage! Still to scary for me!
 nick simons 08 Aug 2013
In reply to Nadja: The normal route on Stetind is supposed to be lovely...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...