UKC

Le Cadre 8c Flashed

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Billy De Kid 02 Sep 2003
Alexandre Chabot has flashed a confirmed (i.e unlikely to be downgraded) 8c in Ceuse.
The route is 'Le Cadre' in Ceuse. Ref 8a.nu
Clearly previous success in climbing at competitons was a good indicator to high ability outdoors in this case.
Good effort.
 Fiend 02 Sep 2003
In reply to Billy De Kid:

Indeed!
 Adam Lincoln 02 Sep 2003

Speaking of Ceuse, some local guy fell off after the crux of Realization, so a 2nd ascent should be on the cards soon
 tony 02 Sep 2003
In reply to Adam Lincoln:

fell off after the crux! How pissed off must he have been!?
 Adam Lincoln 02 Sep 2003

Oh and it wasnt flashed, he had been on it a few years before...
OP Ceuse 02 Sep 2003
In reply to tony:

Very pissed off. Although it wasn't the local guy, Sylvain Millet who fell off here, although he does piss it up to and including the move that Sharma found the crux, then peels of the next. It was Patxi Usi...something I can't spell. Anyway he's the slickest climber I've ever seen, makes an absolute mockery of Biographie 8c+ by making the climbing look facile but more by clipping only 4 bolts in 22 metres! Looked to me like a deck out might be on the cards from 15m if he fluffed one clip, but even if not the run-outs are huge! Cool as...
Ian Dunn 02 Sep 2003
In reply to Billy De Kid: It wasn't flashed, he had dogged it 4 years ago. If Isabelle Bihr can remember belaying him I am pretty sure Alex Chabot can remember the moves, even if it is just a few hard ones and that's most of them on an 8c.
The french wouldn't let Jerry Moffat have an on sight of Chimpanzadrome years ago as he had belayed Ben Masterson on it so sorry this is not the first 8c flash.
Billy De Kid 02 Sep 2003
In reply to Ian Dunn:
I apologise. 8a.nu stands corrected.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...