UKC

Sterling Duetto Half 8.4mm ropes - any good?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 oscaig 18 Aug 2013
Thinking of buying a pair of Sterling 60m Duetto Half 8.4mm ropes but has anyone out there used these and if so are they any good - decent handling, hard wearing etc? Any reviews/comments welcome...

Cheers,

Ian
 Mattdevaal 18 Aug 2013
In reply to oscaig:

Great ropes Ian, I've had a few of these. They handel well and are hard wearing enough as long as you dont have any rocks fall on them. Hence having had a few of these.

Worth the money.
 beychae 18 Aug 2013
In reply to oscaig:

They don't come with a middle marker - if I'd known that, I probably wouldn't have bought one (and before everyone says, I looked into rope marker pens etc, and Sterling advise against them)
 Mattdevaal 18 Aug 2013
In reply to beychae: Never found this to be a issue with half ropes. In fact, never even given it a thought. Useful on singles though.
 beychae 18 Aug 2013
In reply to Mattdevaal:

OK, I suppose it's more of an issue with singles. It annoys me with the double rope because you can't easily coil it starting from the middle, meaning you can't then tie the rope to your back.
OP oscaig 19 Aug 2013
In reply to oscaig: Thanks for that chaps . Im not hugely bothered about the middle mark as can stick this on myself - mate bought pair of beal cobras recently and they had no mark either.
Cheers
Ian
 rgold 19 Aug 2013
In reply to beychae:

> [Lack of middle mark] annoys me with the double rope because you can't easily coil it starting from the middle, meaning you can't then tie the rope to your back.

You don't need the middle. Start coiling by putting both ends together and then feeding 2-3 arm-span's worth onto the ground. Then coil as usual. When done, use the portion originally dumped to do up the rope for carrying on your back. See for example youtube.com/watch?v=yFW51YwoLZ8& .

For another approach that is fast in spite of not coiling double and will feed better without restacking, consider http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WfvioMwTVUo .

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...