UKC

Climbing clubs south west London

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bigbobbyking 20 Aug 2013
Just started a job in Weybridge SW London. In a temporary flat for the moment but will probably live somewhere in the area. Any suggestions for a local climbing club to meet other (youngish) climbers? I'm keen on a little of everything (trad, sport, alpine, skiing...).
 ti_pin_man 21 Aug 2013
In reply to bigbobbyking: I cant help with clubs but can recommend white spider in kingston as an indoor wall with a good mix of people if youre looking to hook up with others, I was there last night and it was busy as they had a boulder league comp.
 kingjam 21 Aug 2013
In reply to bigbobbyking:

Give SAKMC a try
OP bigbobbyking 23 Aug 2013

Thanks, will look into those.
 Happy Haggis 24 Aug 2013
In reply to bigbobbyking: In reply to bigbobbyking: As well as the usual meet on a Tuesday at the Westway, I think some members of the London Mountaineering Club also climb at White Spider. The LMC has members from all over London and do meets away most weekends with the steward organising lift shares. Socials are monthly at a pub opposite the RCJ - if you're interested in joining, just drop the membership sec an email and come along to meet some people. It has a large membership and members do mountain related activities across the spectrum.

As well as the SAKMC, there's also the Thames Valley Climbing Club that meets in Teddington (but maybe that's a bit too far away?)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...