UKC

Climb-x rock Shoes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

I am finally getting around to buying some new shoes and am taking a trip on Saturday to try some on. Go Outdoors have some listed by Climb-X.

I was wondering if anyone had used them and anything good/bad to say about them?

Thanks
Steve
 SGD 22 Aug 2013
In reply to I'd rather be climbing: Climb-X shoes are made by a team of people who used to make shoes for Madrock and took a few of the patents with them to Climb-X. So expect them to look very similar to the Madrock range.

I was a fan of Madrock many years ago but like many brands they tweaked the fit of the model I liked and it wasn't the same after that but at the time they were very good shoes (for me). The rubber was very sticky but not particulary hard wearing and the build quality was pretty good. THe reason I'm telling you all this is although I have no 1st hand experience of Climb-X I would be surprised if they were much different to the older Madrock shoes I used to love as they are made by the same people.

I have been tempted to try them recently but I managed to pick up some 5/10s on here at a bargin price.
 Neil Williams 22 Aug 2013
In reply to I'd rather be climbing:

I have the cheapo lace-up ones and while they're not technical[1] and not great for standing on tiny edges they stick like the proverbial and fit my feet very well. Very pleased with them and when I wear them out/they stink too much I'll be getting the same again.

[1] I don't do technical shoes. I tried once, and the ability to climb a grade higher didn't compensate for the fact that I was in pain after about an hour and didn't enjoy it at all.

Neil
 Neil Williams 22 Aug 2013
In reply to Neil Williams:

And in any case it wasn't *me* climbing harder, it was the equipment, IYSWIM.
In reply to I'd rather be climbing: Thanks guys, SGD, I thouight they looked very similar to Madroack ones (especially the "tiered" heel design).

Neail, Go Outdoors have them in their sale for around £45, which was partly what caught my eye.

They have gone on the list to give a whirl.

Thanks again
Steve
 SGD 22 Aug 2013
In reply to I'd rather be climbing: Yeh that heel design is one of the patents

If you are after a cheap(ish) pair of shoes have a look at Decathlon. I currently use a pair of their slippers (the ones with a velcro strap) as my gym shoes and I'm quite taken with them, they are really good! and they cost me £27 at the time (on sale as they were updatng them from a Red to green colour scheme)
 galpinos 22 Aug 2013
In reply to I'd rather be climbing:

After their somewhat dodgy inception it's a brand I'd chose not to purchase.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...