UKC

Scottish trail centres and downhill courses

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 a crap climber 22 Aug 2013
I'm thinking of booking an uplift for Ae and then Innerleithen at the weekend, then I figured I might as well head up to Fort William after that. It's quite a long way though, so does anyone know of any decent dh courses or trail centres that I could stop at on the way?
 TomPollock 22 Aug 2013
In reply to a crap climber: Laggan Wolftrax is well worth a visit-on the Dalwhinnie to Spean Bridge road about 8 miles after Dalwhinnie. It has 2 good red runs and a very technical black run.
 Mike C 22 Aug 2013
In reply to a crap climber:

Less of a detour could take you by Comrie Croft between Perth & Crianlarich. Google it to see their latest offerings. Red & black trails plus iirc a play park thing (probably the wrong phrase, not really my thing but a friend has been involved in developing it).
 David Reid 22 Aug 2013
In reply to a crap climber:

Be sure to pop into Glentress, then why not stop at Glencoe ski centre and do their DH track and their Red route which had alot of work done lately, ie new jumps and berms.
 itsThere 22 Aug 2013
In reply to a crap climber: Dunkeld has a black run and maybe another track. http://www.progressionbikesscotland.com/ run an uplift there, but not everyday.
Thanks for the tips. I didn't even know there was a DH course at Glencoe, so I'll have to give that a go.

While I'm in the area I'm guessing there must be some decent natural trails around glencoe and ben nevis that are worth looking at. I don't know why I didn't ask about that in the first place, I usually prefer 'natural' trails to trail centres, but I guess it's easier just to follow the signposts when you don't know the area.
 Oli_31 23 Aug 2013
In reply to a crap climber: There's a great track from the Blackwater Reservoir down to Kinlochleven think it's called the Cirean Trail. If you don't mind the push up a descent of Ben Lomond is great fun after the walker have gone home. There are also lots of tracks in the wood above the Torlundy car park which I think Jo Barnes may have built / had a hand in. That should provide a bit of food for thought : )

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...