UKC

Sellers adds Lundy's hardest route

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tom Briggs 03 Sep 2003
Nic Seller's has finally completed his project on Lundy. With 8a climbing and deck out potential from two separate points, it's got to be the hardest route on the island.

See news: http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
andy bowie 04 Sep 2003
In reply to Tom, UKC News Editor: awesome description in news - were you belaying? sounds tip top!
 Simon 04 Sep 2003
In reply to Tom, UKC News Editor:

Well done Mr S

Obviously taking the time to get out of our place (NGH) has paid off....

Cheers

Si
johncoxmysteriously 04 Sep 2003
In reply to Tom, UKC News Editor:

Now if only he'd done that before his ascent of Topaz.....

I've seen that groove and it's awesome. I can't imagine how he did it, frankly. Nice one - and there are some more grooves on that wall still to go....
johncoxmysteriously 10 Sep 2003
In reply to Adam Lincoln:

Hmm. Not sure it is actually the awesome groove I had in mind then. You wouldn’t call that ‘intermittent’, really. Still less a ‘crack’/grooveline. I’d love to know how the hell he got across that zawn. It seemed impossible to me. Presumably also amounted to eliminating the aid on Araucaria.

And flashing Flying Dutchman as well! Jeepers. Respect. I couldn’t even work out where it went.

You didn’t follow up your unfortunate you’d-better-flash-this-now-because-I’m-never-ever-going-to-do-that-again experience on Araucaria by following this as well, did you, Neil?
 Adam Lincoln 10 Sep 2003
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

Yes, he did eliminate the aid on Araucaria, so Dave tells me...
Neil Foster 10 Sep 2003
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

> You didn’t follow up your unfortunate you’d-better-flash-this-now-because-I’m-never-ever-going-to-do-that-again experience on Araucaria by following this as well, did you, Neil?

I didn't John - I can't climb 8a, and I actually didn't go down to Starship Zawn this trip.

Co-incidently, I re-read Nick W's Mountain article last night, and whilst I can readily imagine that I might have grunted a bit when seconding P1 of Araucaria, and even encouraged my brave leader to make sure he 'got it in the bag' so we'd not have to repeat it, the phrase "bitch of a pitch" simply isn't in my vocabulary.

Bloody journalists!

Neil

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...