UKC

Climbers Club Old Pembroke Guide Insert

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Liam Brown 27 Aug 2013
My girlfriend has the old Pembroke guidebook (with the two parts). I was told there was an insert produced for this which gave a lot of routes put up after the book was originally published.

Is this right? And is it still possible to get hold of this?

I appreciate that I could get the new guidebooks, but I would have needed three different books for each of the three days I was there this weekend.

Thanks

Liam
 MJ 27 Aug 2013
In reply to Liam Brown:

Google 'Pembroke Supplement' and take your choice...
 GrahamD 27 Aug 2013
In reply to Liam Brown:

There was a supplement guide produced. To be honest I'm not sure I've used it more than once or twice. I'm not sure you'll get a copy these days !
OP Liam Brown 27 Aug 2013
In reply to GrahamD:

Thank you. A handful knocking about at V12 and needlesports apparently. None on ebay at the moment.
 GrahamD 27 Aug 2013
In reply to Liam Brown:

To be honest I'd save your money and put it towards a new set of guides as and when. It really deoesn't add a great deal to the old red/blue double guide.
 MJ 27 Aug 2013
In reply to GrahamD:

To be honest I'd save your money and put it towards a new set of guides as and when. It really deoesn't add a great deal to the old red/blue double guide.

I'd actually agree with that, as from what I remember, the vast majority of the routes in it were either in the upper grades and/or in Range West.
 GrahamD 27 Aug 2013
In reply to MJ:

The rest of it was about "xyx now considered 2 stars" style of thing
 pacman 28 Aug 2013
In reply to Liam Brown:

The entry for Preposterous Tales was probably the most useful bit of the CC update if you're leading around VS-E1. More info in the database on here or on the Rockfax website if you don't already know about this.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...