UKC

La Sportiva Jeckyl/Tarantula

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 rhinobiker 30 Aug 2013
Hi guys, I'm new here and just wanted some advice. I've been climbing about 5 times and have come to the stage where I am climbing 5.10a (5+) and really getting into it and want my own climbing shoes. I climb mainly sport routes and do bouldering at the local Gym, but I can see myself progressing to outdoor climbing (although mainly staying indoors). At the moment, I hire La Sportiva Tarantula shoes, however I have seen a good deal on brand new La Sportiva Jeckyl (the lace version) shoes. I was wondering if any of you guys would know if the Jeckyl is better or worse than the tarantula's that I hire at the moment in terms of performance, because obviously I want to be getting shoes that are better than the ones I hire at the moment and allow me to increase the difficulty of grades that I can climb. Thanks in advance, Ryan.
 fire_munki 30 Aug 2013
In reply to rhinobiker:
At the early stage in climbing just get the pair that fits well and are comfy. Shoes won't be the item that holds you back.
Go to local shops and try on as many pairs in budget that you can find and then get the pair that fits your feet best.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...