UKC

First Bouldering Mat?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Harpyyy 01 Sep 2013
Hi all, looking to buy my first bouldering mat, was wondering if anyone had any recommendations? The main thing i want from it is protection for the fall. I'm not bothered about additional perks like storage pockets... simply want the best protection possible.

Any advice?

Thanks all
 dr_botnik 01 Sep 2013
In reply to Harpyyy: I've had the big moon one for years now, still seems firm, I can recommend that. others also rate the alpkit as a cheaper version with similar qualities, but they just dont feel as good to me. I've seen alot of people with squashed black diamond pads who say they don't last as long, maybe one to avoid.
 John Alcock 23 Sep 2013
In reply to dr_botnik:
Go Outdoors have good BD mats very cheap at present. Personally I like my DMM HIgh Ball
 Pawthos 23 Sep 2013
In reply to Harpyyy: I love my snap (bun), which has been in near constant use for two years. The size is excellent, the weight is excellent and it's been perfect for mid height to high ball problems. My only criticism is that I find it a bit hard when I land backside first from a sit start, but it's no worse than a moon Saturn in that respect.
 xplorer 23 Sep 2013
In reply to Harpyyy:

Any bouldering mat will do, no need to pay more than £120.

Pretty much all do the same job apart from the thinner sized mats.

Just shop around online for the best deal
 ciaran1999 23 Sep 2013
In reply to Harpyyy:

This pad will last for years so hunt around for a good one. Look for a taco style pad, and one that closes inwards towards the dirty side so as to keep your back clean. I'm not a fan of the black diamond ones, POD super crash pad or Moon warrior are both really good.
 nasher47 24 Sep 2013
In reply to Harpyyy:
Your first pad should really be the one just before your second pad...

Hasn't this question been asked a billion times, in fact looking on the forum it's three threads down! Stop being so lazy!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...