UKC

Plan B's

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Lukem6 01 Sep 2013
Why do people head to crags with a sole objective?

Particularly on popular crags like,, oh lets say Stanage Popular! Its going to be busy guys because its erm, well do the math!

Today some old geezers walked down by us, on a relatively quite day and to quote them as they grumbled up at Hell Crack "There's always people on the popular routes.."

Its popular for a reason if you feel like it has ruined your day then next time go climb on kinder and take a few multiple choices for you goals. If you wonder why no one is ever on the 0 star routes its because they don't have to be. If you want to blame some one blame the guy that started the top 50 list or the star system.
 Rachel Slater 01 Sep 2013
In reply to Lukem6:
> Why do people head to crags with a sole objective?
>

I don't think people often do, but some people do just love complaining. Chances are they wouldn't have gotten on it if it was free anyway.
 tlm 01 Sep 2013
In reply to Lukem6:
> Why do people head to crags with a sole objective?

Do they?!
 Timmd 01 Sep 2013
In reply to tlm: I'm sure some do, there's all kinds of folks who climb, or go fishing, or whatever else.
 Blue Straggler 02 Sep 2013
In reply to tlm:
> (In reply to Lukem6)
> [...]
>
> Do they?!

They do and you know it, having commented on a thread all about this sort of thing 6 hours before posting on this thread.

There:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=561822&v=1#x7477360
 tlm 02 Sep 2013
In reply to Blue Straggler:

I didn't actually believe that they hadn't done anything else for 5 hours while waiting for the climb and thought that they might have gone off, done something else, come back, etc. I was expecting clarification and was quite shocked that they really had waited! Still - I guess like it says earlier in the thread, there are all sorts of people in every walk of life.

I guess I just don't know anyone personally who is like this...
 wilkie14c 02 Sep 2013
In reply to Lukem6:
A real gritstoner climbs on the moors
OP Lukem6 02 Sep 2013
In reply to wilkie14c: who said anything about Gritstoners.

5 hours waiting to do one route is a little silly. Surely working a route all day is what sport climbing is about.
 Bulls Crack 02 Sep 2013
In reply to Lukem6:

I alays have a Plan A. backed up by a B, and then extemporize thereafter!
 parkovski 02 Sep 2013
In reply to Timmd:
> (In reply to tlm) I'm sure some do, there's all kinds of folks who climb, or go fishing, or whatever else.

Fishing?

Sole objective?

ha ha ha.
 Dave 02 Sep 2013
In reply to Lukem6:

I thought this was going to be a discussion on the morning-after pill.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...