UKC

Like Couloir pants, except better..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jamie B 02 Sep 2013
I (almost) loved the Haglofs couloir pants when my former employers used to supply them for me. Good weight and length, they went on in the morning (over powerstretch) and that was the bottom-half taken care of for the rest of the day, whatever the weather did, hot or cold.

Now I need to buy something similar, but one things stops me from getting another pair of the same; the bagginess of the lower-leg. I tolerated (and patched up) the inevitable crampon damage, but I suspect that there is better kit to be had.

Sizing and fit will be an issue - I did like the fact that Haglofs seem to design around a chunky "northern European" physique!
 BnB 02 Sep 2013
In reply to Jamie B: I like the Haglofs "Rugged" Pant, at least in winter.
OP Jamie B 02 Sep 2013
In reply to BnB:

What are the lower legs like?
 GarethSL 02 Sep 2013
In reply to Jamie B: Gamma SK?
 BnB 02 Sep 2013
In reply to Jamie B:
> (In reply to BnB)
>
> What are the lower legs like?

Neither tight nor particularly loose. I certainly didn't snag them much last winter and they resist crampon spikes like nothing else out there. Cotswold stock them so easy enough to try out.
 LucaC 02 Sep 2013
In reply to BnB: ME g2? Not baggy on me with the supergaitor tucked in, but I guess that's down to individual fit.
 TobyA 02 Sep 2013
In reply to Jamie B: They are this "goretex softshell" aren't they? What did you think of the material? In the shop it kind of strikes me as "very heavy goretex" - no more breathable than normal 3 layer goretex but a lot heavier? Hard wearing I guess. Do you want something that waterproof?
 Hay 02 Sep 2013
In reply to Jamie B:
I have these:
http://www.needlesports.com/Catalogue/Technical-Clothing/Shell/Waterproofs/...

Needle seem to be out of stock but XL fits me pretty well.
Had no complaints about them. Used in Scotland and Cogne. Worked well.
B
 Hay 02 Sep 2013
In reply to Jamie B:
I have these:
http://www.needlesports.com/Catalogue/Technical-Clothing/Shell/Waterproofs/...

Needle seem to be out of stock but XL fits me pretty well.
Had no complaints about them. Used in Scotland and Cogne. Worked well.
B

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...