UKC

Will a 60m and 50m rope be suitable for the Costa Blanca?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kid Spatula 02 Sep 2013
One is 10.5mm the other 9.8mm? Also numpty question, when sport climbing do you clip both ropes through each quickdraw? Or just one, or alternate?
 leehawkins 02 Sep 2013
In reply to Kid Spatula: not sure about rope length you would need as ive never been but you only use the 1 rope when sport climbing.
OP Kid Spatula 02 Sep 2013
In reply to Kid Spatula:

Yeah I know that, and normally would but some routes have abseil descents.
 EddInaBox 02 Sep 2013
In reply to Kid Spatula:

Take one single and a lightweight line for pulling the single down once you've abseiled off?
OP Kid Spatula 02 Sep 2013
In reply to Kid Spatula:

Like 7mm cord?
 Simon Caldwell 02 Sep 2013
In reply to Kid Spatula:
> some routes have abseil descents.

hardly any in my experience
 heleno 03 Sep 2013
In reply to Kid Spatula:
Your 50m rope will be too short for lowering off many of the routes (at Guadelest,for example, many routes need a 70m). Don't forget a knot in the other end of the rope to be on the safe side.
 tmawer 03 Sep 2013
In reply to Kid Spatula:

It sounds like each of your ropes are "single ropes" i.e. fine to use individually on their own. I have climbed many times in the Costa Blanca and have never used anything longer than 60 metres for single pitch sport routes and have had no problems; there are some where a longer rope is needed but the guide will mention this. If doing a multi pitch route, such as some at Guadalest, (or a route longer than 30 metres) then you could use both ropes and then abseil, meaning you could cover 50 metres or so in an ab'. You do not need to clip both ropes through each draw.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...