UKC

time for new shoes - South-East retailer recommendations?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Roland.Online 03 Sep 2013
Hi all

I've been torturing my feet with a too-small pair of La Sportiva Mythos for a number of years now, and it's time to change.

I live in Brighton, and locally only have Snow+Rock and Cotswolds - both poorly stocked for shoes.

Any recommendations for well-stocked gear shops down this way? Would consider a day in London (or equivalent distance elsewhere) if that gets me more options.

Cheers
Roland
 iksander 03 Sep 2013
In reply to Roland.Online: Rock On at Craggy Island Guildford
 nufkin 03 Sep 2013
In reply to Roland.Online:

Peglers, maybe?

In London, you've good shops at Urban Rock at the Westway(westsish), The Castle (northish) and Rock On at Mile End (eastish)
 lloyd 03 Sep 2013
Hey cold mountain kit in London are amazing had three pairs of shoes off them. Fantastic service and knowledge well worth the trip.
Hope this helps.
OP Roland.Online 03 Sep 2013
Thanks for the responses, people.
 Neil Williams 04 Sep 2013
In reply to nufkin:

Peglers has closed down, there was a thread on it recently in here.

Controversial maybe, but I found Go Outdoors had a good stock, particularly in larger sizes which I find a problem elsewhere.

Neil
 LucaC 04 Sep 2013
In reply to Roland.Online: The wall in Brighton has pythons, Vs miuras, shamans and some others, might be worth a look before going to London. Snow and Rock will order anything in (for free/no obligation) that they stock which can be a good way of trying things on too.
 Trangia 04 Sep 2013

K2 and Evolution sell rock shoes
OP Roland.Online 05 Sep 2013
In reply to LJC:

hi LJC: by "the wall" do you mean the Rock Court or Boulder Brighton, or somewhere else altogether?

not heard of anything specifically called The Wall...
 CurlyStevo 05 Sep 2013
In reply to iksander:
"Rock On at Craggy Island Guildford"

This is probably better stocked than most shops in london, they have about 30 different pairs of shoes.
 ashley1_scott 05 Sep 2013
> (In reply to LJC)
>
> hi LJC: by "the wall" do you mean the Rock Court or Boulder Brighton, or somewhere else altogether?
>

I believe that they were talking about Boulder Brighton (in Portslade)

I would also be a plus one for checking out Craggy Island in Guildford,

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...