UKC

Buis les Baronnies - Via Ferrata

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Enty 04 Sep 2013
I'm looking forward to this.
3 new via ferratas on the Rocher St Julien for all abilities including a kid's parcours.
The official opening is on the 12th of October by the one and only Catherine Destiville.
There's also a really nice climbing shop and guide's bureau just opened in town and they will be hiring via ferrata equipment.
All looks good.

E
 jon 04 Sep 2013
In reply to Enty:

Cheers Craig. Have they taken the nuts and bolts out of the top hangers of all the routes now so you can get a krab through them? Are all the vias on the north side?
 pork pie girl 04 Sep 2013
In reply to Enty: cheers for letting us know ... might makwe a nice change to do one on a rest day.

thinking of heading down in the van at the end of october (all being well with my mum... as she's been ill for the last few months too)

what's the weather usually like late october?

cheers
Andrea

PS we have road bikes now and want to do ventoux.. done the off road option on the MTBs a few years ago so fancy the road alternative now
 Dave Garnett 04 Sep 2013
In reply to Enty:

Did I read somewhere that there's now a via ferrata along the top of the crest (what was voie de aretes I think)?
OP Enty 04 Sep 2013
In reply to pork pie girl:

Yay - Ventoux could bee cold at the end of October but the climbing is usually perfect.

E
OP Enty 04 Sep 2013
In reply to Dave Garnett:

I'll try to find out where all the VF's go.

I know the kids one is on the rocks just on the opposite side of the road just before the normal parking area.

E
 SteveSBlake 04 Sep 2013
In reply to Enty:

Excellent, enjoyed the Crest on our last visit.
 tjekel 04 Sep 2013
In reply to Enty: in spring, the to pitches on the south face were all closed due to builduing the via ferrata. The first bolt hangers were closed by metal devices ... are they reopened?
 Dave Garnett 04 Sep 2013
In reply to SteveSBlake:
> (In reply to Enty)
>
> Excellent, enjoyed the Crest on our last visit.

Voie des Aretes used be quite a fun long solo but I could live with it being turned into a vf.
 earlsdonwhu 04 Sep 2013
In reply to Enty: As you will remember, last year at the end of October there was snow at valley level in Malaucene. We found ski tracks on Ventoux. The most dangerous thing we did in our fortnight was not climbing but crossing iced up paths/scree on Ventoux paths.
 pork pie girl 04 Sep 2013
In reply to earlsdonwhu: hmmm
OP Enty 04 Sep 2013
In reply to earlsdonwhu:

I was back in the UK from the 26th Oct for 3 weeks but when I got back I did ride up there in summer kit with arm warmers. Unbelievable how changeable the weather is up there.
The main snow of the season hits sometime mid November onwards but last year we didn't get anything skiable until the school holidays in February.

Good luck PPG.

E

CPH 05 Sep 2013
In reply to Enty:
Hello there...do you know if the new VFs are open as it were?
I'll also e-mail the guides' office.
OP Enty 05 Sep 2013
In reply to CPH:
> (In reply to Enty)
> Hello there...do you know if the new VFs are open as it were?
>

You mean like can you go on them before the 12th? I've no idea.
Yes - best try the guide's office.

E

CPH 05 Sep 2013
In reply to Enty:
Thanks Craig.
We were coming out to the area(again)from the UK this week but will delay a week as the weather looks to be turning unsettled.
 CPH 05 Sep 2013
In reply to Enty:

Reply from the Bureau des Guides today (so should be operational during October)

Bonjour,

Non, désolé, la nouvelle via ne sera pas encore ouverte, elle devrait être opérationnelle courant octobre.
Nous avons notre via ferrata en face sud, ( elle nécessite une corde de 70m et descendeur.)
Ci joint nos tarifs dans cas où notre aide vous serait necessaire.
Sachez aussi que nous avons ouvert une boutique Baronnies sport 59 allée des platanes, ou vous trouverez de quoi vous équiper en cas de besoin (escalade, via ferrata, randonnée ...camping), ou juste pour le plaisir...( ouverture 9h30-12h15 et 16h30 –19h)

Bien cordialement
Christine
Bureau des guides des Baronnies
Baronnies Sport
59, Allée des platanes
26170 Buis Les Baronnies
tel 04.75.27.03.46
www.guidesdesbaronnies.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...