UKC

Weather in the peak this weekend?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Durbs 06 Sep 2013
Forecast looks iffy - but what do the locals think?

Robin Hoods Stride most likely...
 n-stacey 06 Sep 2013
In reply to Durbs: I would give it a miss!
 1poundSOCKS 06 Sep 2013
In reply to Durbs: Just checked the metoffice, Saturday looks okay(ish), Sunday looks good.
 deacondeacon 06 Sep 2013
In reply to Durbs: Hey mate, what about the lime? you can get to the Tor or Rubicon from Robin Hoods Stride pretty easily, or Toms Roof/minus ten at Stoney.

I'm not saying they're worth the drive from down south (I think they are), but its a rare weekend when there's nothing to climb.
OP Durbs 06 Sep 2013
In reply to deacondeacon:

Hey Deacon, hope all's good with you.

Yeah, was thinking of one day on grit, one on lime.
Never been to Peak Lime before (!)

Blue Straggler 06 Sep 2013
In reply to Durbs:

Bumping this. I just looked at the weather forecast on the BBC site and it looks promising tomorrow but did it lash it down today and will anything become dry??
 climber34neil 06 Sep 2013
In reply to Blue Straggler: rubicon prob ok unless the river floods the path, should be stuff at the snor that is dry, high tor drys fairly quick so could be an option, if its grit that you are after then certainly the more exposed crags should be ok, there is a few esoteric venues that stay dry in the rain as well so I would be surprised if you don't find anything to climb if you don't mind driving around a bit
 Blue Straggler 06 Sep 2013
In reply to climber34neil:

Cheers, for other reasons I have sacked it off but I agree that some exposed edges are probably worth a look. Just not for me tomorrow, ultimately. Hope people get out and have fun though! I know the forecast earlier in the week was discouraging.
 xplorer 07 Sep 2013
In reply to Blue Straggler:

The weather is looking pretty good to be honest.

We haven't had much rain over the last few months, yesterday was wet but today and tomorrow are looking good. Showers, wind and sunny spells. Showers being less than a milimetre supposedly.

Get your selves out!
 Blue Straggler 07 Sep 2013
In reply to xplorer:

Thanks, yes it would have been good but we had committed to plan B by then.
 xplorer 08 Sep 2013
In reply to Blue Straggler:

Always go with plan A......... Haha.

It was a good day weather wise and looking good again today, the sun is out at the moment, had a cold start though.

deacondeacon 08 Sep 2013
In reply to Durbs: I hope you risked it Paul, it's been mint all weekend

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...