UKC

Interview with Terry Abraham, mountain film-maker

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Only a hill 06 Sep 2013
Many of you will have heard of Terry Abraham, creator of the mountain film "The Cairngorms in Winter with Chris Townsend." If you enjoyed his previous film then you'll be glad to hear that he's hard at work on a second project, this time focused on Scafell Pike.

I've interviewed Terry on my blog. In the article we talk about the unique challenges of filming in the mountain environment, his reaction to the success of his previous film, and of course his new project!

http://www.alexroddie.com/2013/09/an-interview-with-terry-abraham.html
llechwedd 08 Sep 2013
In reply to Only a hill:
I haven't seen 'The Cairngorms in Winter with Chris Townsend', just the trailer on Youtube- Certainly worth watching for Terry Abraham's photography.

On the subject of Scottish mountain films, last year I met a film maker, James Urquhart, up at the Crask Inn.
He had set out, the year previous, to walk and film the experience of a munro round on foot, unsupported. In the event, the trip took him into a second year, with a lay off over the winter.
He has a website 'Beyond the Mountains' and there are several trailers on vimeo/youtube. Here's one of them:
youtube.com/watch?v=iz47aDsbZh8&

I got the impression that he's using the format of a munro round, not to promote his personal accomplishment, but to look outwards to the varied mountain environment and people encountered on such a journey- Hence his website's name 'Beyond the Mountains.

Given the ammount of kit he was lugging - camera and all- and the demands of filming and editing on the move, it's not surprising that his journey went into 2 years.

I've no commercial interest in his project, but put this up on the UKC forum as I feel he deserves a wider audience.
Clauso 08 Sep 2013
In reply to llechwedd:
>
> He has a website 'Beyond the Mountains' and there are several trailers on vimeo/youtube. Here's one of them:
> youtube.com/watch?v=iz47aDsbZh8&

Excellent. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...