UKC

DMM Terminators antiball plates.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 n-stacey 09 Sep 2013
I have a pair of DMM Terminators, whats the best way to attach the antiball rubbers to the crampons.
I have the little c type fixings but can not get them to attach to the crampon sides securly.
Any thoughts?

Nigel.
 Exile 09 Sep 2013
In reply to n-stacey:

I put them on and then wrapped a load of duck tape around them. This has the added 'hard man' advantage of looking like you're climbing in crampons held together with sellotape!
OP n-stacey 09 Sep 2013
In reply to Exile: lol.
 TobyA 09 Sep 2013
In reply to n-stacey:

> I have the little c type fixings but can not get them to attach to the crampon sides securly.
> Any thoughts?

That you must be doing something wrong? Don't know what but my antiballing plates have been on my terminators for hundreds of days of use over many years. Very occasionally one clip comes off, but there are lots of others still on. I just push the one back on when I notice it has happened.

petegunn 09 Sep 2013
In reply to n-stacey: I've had no problems with mine, a bit tricky to get on but, once on you can squash them slightly with a pair of pliers.
 alpine69 10 Sep 2013
In reply to n-stacey:
The clips take a fair ammount of messing about , but they are worth while placing them in. I have had a few clips break off and a few holes tear through the balling plates. I have used thin cable ties to patch them back together , and carry a few spares with me on the hill , just in case of emergency .
 cliff shasby 17 Sep 2013
In reply to n-stacey: i always thought the clips were shite...i used cable ties on terminators and they lasted years...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...