UKC

Marmot Baffin Jacket

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ford23 15 Sep 2013
Ive been looking for an lightweight insulated layer, found the Marmot Baffin Jacket for £80 (most of the standard ones are too expensive), has anyone got any experience of this jacket?
thanks
 BnB 15 Sep 2013
In reply to sethmford: This looks decent value to me. Marmot gear is often (I hesitate to say invariably) good quality AND good value, which is more than can be said for many manufacturers.

The UK equivalent would be the ubiquitous Prism by Montane, also available for £80 if you shop around. The Prism is popular for a reason. It has the perfect weight of insulation for UK climes. The Prism has a hood, which makes a big difference when you need extra warmth (or it rains!), where the Baffin does not, unless you are looking at the Hoody version. On the other hand, I understand the Baffin to be more breathable. Both are important features and only you will know which matters more (to you).

On balance I'd favour the Prism because the hood is helmet compatible and the fit so comfortable.

Top tip:

I found the cuffs on the Prism too tight and had them altered (for £10) at a dressmakers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...