UKC

Renting a boat in Thailand for DWS

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hi,
Does anyone have any experience with renting a boat for deep-water soloing in Thailand? What are the options and their relative costs?

The dream would be to rent a sailing yacht, and live aboard for two months; (cost being the obvious barrier) and spend the days new routing, sipping cocktails and admiring sun-sets.

I'l be out in Feb/March; when is the popular season / the weather at this time?

Any idea's regarding the practicalities and logistics for sailing the coast of Burma?

All general advise welcome!

Ta very much,
James.
RCC 16 Sep 2013
In reply to James Monypenny:

> Does anyone have any experience with renting a boat for deep-water soloing in Thailand? What are the options and their relative costs?

Not been, but a lot of the usual companies do yacht charter in Thailand. Assuming you can skipper the yacht yourself, you would be looking at around £20-25k + fuel for a two month charter of a 35ish foot sailing boat. Berths for maybe 6-8 people.
 Siward 16 Sep 2013
In reply to James Monypenny: Why not buy a boat in the UK and sail out with a crew? Spend a year doing it why don't you? A Tilmanesque post on here should do the trick: "Hands wanted for long voyage in small boat: no pay, no prospects, not much pleasure".

In reply to Siward:
"Hands wanted for long voyage in small boat: no pay, no prospects, not much pleasure".

One-day, I will un-doubtably own a boat for such purposes, and when I do, I vow to post a similar message.

Fortunately though, I will be out that way for work, and thus have paid for flights.
 matt perks 16 Sep 2013
In reply to James Monypenny: I'm impressed that your work trip to Thailand can potentially involve a couple of months deep-water soloing and sipping cocktails on a yacht. What do you do?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...