UKC

Softshell for taller guys??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 StephenS 20 Sep 2013
After reading a few good reviews about the Montane Sabretooth jacket I decided to purchase online. XL for size 44 chest, happy days.

Jacket turns up and it fits quite snuggly, but its just too short. When I reach up it lifts to expose my stomach, even with softshell pants on
Don't fancy that half way up an icy gully!

Can anybody recommend a decent softshell for a taller guy? I'm like 6'2 so nothing extreme.

The Cotswolds store in Liverpool is terrible for stock. They only seem to stock waterproof jackets for the scallies to wear while they ride their quads and scramblers around the streets
 jezb1 20 Sep 2013
In reply to Littleslip: I have a Mountain Equipment Trojan that I really like and it fits me well, I'm 6'3" and have a large.
 BGG 21 Sep 2013
Am 6ft6" - Rab, Arcyteryx, Marmot, Haglofs all tend to fit tall people well.
 Big Steve 21 Sep 2013
In reply to BGG: another vote for Rab, Ive had loads of Rab jackets over the years, and they are always a good fit. Im 6'4 and not exactly slim, XL is always a good fit length and width
 Lew13 21 Sep 2013
In reply to Littleslip:

I'm 6'3 and found Mammut to fit the best. Marmot are also good, but can be rather large.
 GarethSL 21 Sep 2013
In reply to Littleslip: Arcteryx gamma mx/lt, venta mx, patagonia knifeblade all have excellent longer fits in both body and arms. Plus very good articulation. The fit is also trimmer so if you need to go longer you can size up.
OP StephenS 21 Sep 2013
In reply to Littleslip:
Thanks guys. Getting really annoyed now I must have tried on 20
Jackets today and can't find something that works, or the shop doesn't have me size.
Just want a nice mid layer that is fairly windproof and not too warm
OP StephenS 21 Sep 2013
In reply to Littleslip:
Went with this is the end

http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=5293

Was literally the only one suitable! But I am a fussy one!
 lordyosch 22 Sep 2013
In reply to Littleslip:

I've got a Rab hard shell and a Rab soft shell. Both have good long arms for me at 6'2" jackets are size large
 Neil Williams 22 Sep 2013
In reply to Littleslip:

The Berghaus Choktoi windproof fleece has a scooped back that works for me (6' 4"). Some of their soft shells may well be the same.

Neil
 alasdair19 24 Sep 2013
In reply to Littleslip: i was about to recomend the jacket version which i have.

I had problems with the epsilon SV hoody as my back is longer than theey seem to size for. they redesigned the Gamma LT with a longer back and I'm very pleased with mine. hope you got a cool colour...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...