UKC

NEWS: Bellavista for MacLeod and Cassidy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 23 Sep 2013
Dave MacLeod on the crux pitch of Bellavista, earlier in the summer, 3 kb

Dave MacLeod, partnered by Alan Cassidy, has climbed Bellavista (8c) on the north face of Cima Ovest in the Italian Dolomites.

The Scottish duo of Dave and Alan got terrible weather for their trip, but on the last day they found the crux pitch to be dry, and they managed to climb the route, swinging leads, with MacLeod leading the crux roof in freezing conditions.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68365
sphagnum 24 Sep 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Rock ascent of the year.
 Fraser 24 Sep 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Waddage points off the scale, great work guys!
MattDTC 25 Sep 2013
In reply to UKC News:
Strange that this has not been reported on the PlanetMountain website which is very Dolomite-centric. Are they taking a stance by not reporting it, or just slow on the uptake one wonders?
 James Rushforth Global Crag Moderator 25 Sep 2013
In reply to UKC News: Fantastic effort. Shame they didn't stay a week longer. It's been tropical here the past 7 days with temperatures up to 28 degrees.
 beardy mike 25 Sep 2013
In reply to sphagnum: I agree on waddage, but rock ascent of the year? What about Sasha's ascent... surely a female ascent is rather important? Especially seeing as (albeit an aided first ascent) the hubernator soloed it in winter... don't get me wrong - you wouldn't catch me even dreaming of an ascent but...
 Cassidy 25 Sep 2013
In reply to mike kann: agreed
 Cassidy 25 Sep 2013
In reply to MattDTC: what would the stance be agianst exactly?
 beardy mike 25 Sep 2013
In reply to Cassidy:
> (In reply to MattDTC) what would the stance be agianst exactly?

You better watch it. You don't want any turf wars - you come home one day and there'll be a horses head in your bed. I take it you didn't pay the right man the right money before you dared steal their route did you?
MattDTC 25 Sep 2013
In reply to Cassidy:
Dunno, just wondering really. Maybe they just haven't got round to writing it up, but in general they are quick to report Dolomite news. I remember walking in to do the Brandler Hasse in sept and bagging it off cos it was bloody freezing - so good effort sticking it out for a week!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...