UKC

How tall is Joe Brown?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 leeoftroy 30 Sep 2013
Just as a matter of interest how tall is Joe Brown?
I can't seem to find this info anywhere on the net and have leant my copy of his autobiography to mum.
Thanks
 Yanis Nayu 30 Sep 2013
In reply to leeoftroy: When I last measured him he was 4'11" and shrinking.
 MJ 30 Sep 2013
In reply to leeoftroy:

According to my very limited research, 6'3": -

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_tall_is_joe_brown_the_singer
OP leeoftroy 30 Sep 2013
In reply to MJ:
> (In reply to leeoftroy)
>
> According to my very limited research, 6'3": -
>
> http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_tall_is_joe_brown_the_singer

I reckon if I take an average of silly answers I may just get somewhere quite close to the answer!
 MJ 30 Sep 2013
In reply to leeoftroy:

I reckon if I take an average of silly answers I may just get somewhere quite close to the answer!

Possibly.
To narrow it down a bit, he's taller than Johnny Dawes, but shorter than Ron Fawcett.
OP leeoftroy 30 Sep 2013
In reply to MJ: Johnny Dawes never stays still long enough to be measured and Ron Fawcett had a lot of curly hair making his actual height un-identifiable.....so I'm really no further forward!!
Tim Chappell 30 Sep 2013
In reply to leeoftroy:

If this has to do with not being able to repeat a move that Joe did, I'm sorry, but the answer is, "It's not about his reach".
 abr1966 30 Sep 2013
In reply to leeoftroy: i had a chat to him in about 1995 and he was very short i recall...
 Skol 30 Sep 2013
In reply to leeoftroy:
5'6'' with balls bigger than King Kong
 ripper 30 Sep 2013
In reply to leeoftroy: He's a giant among men - just not a very tall one.
 Chambers 30 Sep 2013
In reply to leeoftroy: Joe Brown, at any given moment, is exactly twice as tall as anyone half his height. No shit.
OP leeoftroy 30 Sep 2013
In reply to Tim Chappell: Plenty of things Joe Brown done I can't imagine ever being able to do....it was just a point of interest and the fact he is quite a small fella in my mind makes his achievements that little bit more special. I'm afraid you jumped to the wrong conclusion!
 Chambers 30 Sep 2013
In reply to leeoftroy: Dynoed to the wrong conclusion, more likely!
OP leeoftroy 30 Sep 2013
In reply to ripper: Agreed
I've been reading lot's about him recently and have been climbing his routes any chance I get. So far they've been the most satisfying I've climbed!
OP leeoftroy 30 Sep 2013
In reply to Chambers:
> (In reply to leeoftroy) Dynoed to the wrong conclusion, more likely!

yup!
 Goucho 30 Sep 2013
In reply to leeoftroy: On the few occasions I've been in his company, I reckon around 5'6" ish.
OP leeoftroy 30 Sep 2013
In reply to Skol: Finally an answer that isn't a riddle or smart arse comment...thank you!! Apparently this is the UK's premier climbing related information forum....really?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...